drivers side fifth wheel front hydraulic jack not holding

Coriley

Everything has been fine. When moving the trailer, we found the the drivers side front hydraulic jack was not holding the fifth wheel up. We had to place blocks under to stabilize for the mean time. Can anyone tell me what the problem might be or what to check for? The other side seems to be working OK.

david-steph2018

Possibility it is a valve that is not closed all the way. It could be a seal is leaking.
What do you mean by, "when moving the trailer, we found the..... was not holding the 5th wheel up."?

Coriley

The fifth wheel is currently in inside storage. Sometimes the storage owner moves trailers around using a fork lift to get to another trailer in behind. After moving it they noticed the front jack was no longer holding on the drivers side front jack.

Is there a good way to determine which the problem might be? Either the leaking seal or the valve that is not closed all the way.

Dahillbilly

most likely internal seals are damaged letting fluid past; if that's the case Lippert recommends replacing the complete unit

Routemaster

The best way to solve your problem is as per the picture I have changed all the valves and both my front legs still drop. Go figure?

Attachments

• Front legs needs suport.JPG
    Front legs needs suport.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 5