Duel Pane Windows???

bigdob24

How does everyone like there duel pane windows?
The unit I’m looking at has them and I’m courious if one can tell a differance with them.
I know they are different from residential duel panes as RV windows all just laminated together no air space.
‘Do they help in heating and cooling, and less condinsation build up.
BD

danemayer

My experiences is:

1. Noise reduction
2. Very nice reduction in condensation in cold climates
3. Minor improvement in heat transfer

ATLJOHN

We have dual pane windows in our 2011 BH and would not get another RV without them. We camped at campgrounds close the freeway and it cuts the noise down a great deal.

Gaffer

Little to no condensation and some sound reduction is reason enough. Big difference between dual and single pane.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
My experiences is:

1. Noise reduction
2. Very nice reduction in condensation in cold climates
3. Minor improvement in heat transfer

X2

Sold my first North trail and ordered my current North trail with dual pane windows. It was one of several must have features in upgrading rvs. Well worth the upgrade costs.

esscobra

significant noise reduction - worth every penny when your parkered 15ft from nascar track a at drag race events - and also no hearing neighbors at rv parks
better at keeping heat cold out - and no condensation thus far

dealer talked me out of on first rv purchase- but would not buy another without

sengli

They add somewhere around 200lbs to an average coach, and cost an extra $2k ish .....when we were looking. Speaking with the engineering guys at heartland, one day one day on a tour.. they all sneared and laughed at me when I asked about the dual pane option. Pretty much a feel good option, really no pay back is ever realized is what they told me, at least in their eyes. The aluminum cased windows have a .9 R factor which is terrible.

BLR

I'm glad we opted for dual panes.. No moisture on the inside windows is worth the money we paid..
I know 1st hand on this.. we have dual panes and when they had to replace a window in our garage they replaced it with a single pane.
Definitely a difference in noise level and moisture on the inside.

Sent from BLR Logistics

esscobra

They add somewhere around 200lbs to an average coach, and cost an extra $2k ish .....when we were looking. Speaking with the engineering guys at heartland, one day one day on a tour.. they all sneared and laughed at me when I asked about the dual pane option. Pretty much a feel good option, really no pay back is ever realized is what they told me, at least in their eyes. The aluminum cased windows have a .9 R factor which is terrible.

lol Probably the same ones who never spent time in a rv, make useless layouts, waste space, and bad ergonomics and engineer designs that they cant get people to assemble in a quality fashion.

porthole

Retired
as RV windows all just laminated together no air space.

Mine were not exactly residential quality, nitrogen filled etc, but they were true dual panes with a small air gap. That gap is what helps limit condensation and noise.

lol Probably the same ones who never spent time in a rv, make useless layouts, waste space, and bad ergonomics and engineer designs that they cant get people to assemble in a quality fashion.

Second quote about sums it up.

Dual pane windows are a lot like washer and dryers.

Those that have them - would not be without them.

Those that don't - tend to think they are a waste of money and added weight.