Eastern U.S. Big Horn Dealer Reccomendations and Comments.

Bohemian

We will soon be ordering a Big Horn 5th. We currently live in NY and have family up and down the east coast. Of course we want the best price, experience, and service.

We have visited RV Outlet USA in Danville (Ringgold), VA and Crossroads Trailer Sales in Newfield, NY as well as many other dealers and many shows over the years.

Some possible dealers (but not all) are:

Crossroads Trailer Sales, Newfield, NJ
Brooks Camper Sales, Connelsville, PA
RV Outlet USA, Danville, VA
Arbogast, Troy, OH
Northern Michigan RV Center, Gaylord, MI
Lakeshore RV Center, Muskegon, MI

and a slew of Camping World dealers; Berkley, MA, Garner, NC, London, OH, Russford, OH, Richmond, IN, Louisville, TN, Oakwood, GA, Nashville, TN, and Florida dealers.

Any comments, recommendations, and warnings will be greatly appreciated including dealers not mentioned.

Thanks in advance.

jimpav

We bought ours at Mc Georges at the Urbanna rally. Just make sure they show you the Heartland MSRP sheet so you know if you're getting a good deal. For some reason we got it after the sale, which I wasn't too happy about. Kevin just showed us some made up dealer sheet that wasn't a mfg sheet.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
We had great service at McGeorges RV in Ashland, VA. They're literally right off I-95

We also purchased from McGeorge RV. No problems.

Wilkins RV in NY.
Crossroads in NJ.
Loe's RV in MD.

Heard great stories about all 3. Great supporters of the HOC

Mburtsvt

You're asking for three different things. You want the best price, experience, and service. Is that your priority order? I have no problem with CampingWorld on price - its hard for a local mom and pop to beat them. As far as experience - thats [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]intrinsic. In 5 RV’s in 25 years I never have had a good purchasing experience - that may say more about me. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]As far as service - keep your ears to the ground and stay as local as you can. If this is your second or third RV - local is important. By my 3rd RV I did not care since I was doing all of the little stuff on my own. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Get the MSRP list from this site. Unfortunately we sill are dealing, in some incidents, with a “used car salesman” mentality. [/FONT]

Westwind

I'm in Rhode Island and bought mine from Scott's Recreation in Manchester, Maine. Easy to deal with, I knew what I wanted and the MSRP and had a good idea what I wanted to pay and we made a good deal. I've done all my service and repairs except for while we were snowbirding in Florida. Then I used a mobile service. What ever you do go for price, it's only a 12 month warranty and it goes by quickly since we don't use the RV's extensively like a car or truck.

Bohemian

Thanks for the feedback. I will add McGeorge's to my list. We had stopped there years ago before their new building and the salesman was extremely rude. I had forgotten about them.

I'll have to see if Scott's handles Bighorns. Thanks.

Rottiesmom

New York Chapter Leader - retired
We live in New York but keep our camper in the Pocono's in Pennsylvania. We bought 2 campers from Crossroads in Newfield New Jersey and I can tell you that you won't find a better dealership. We drive 4 hours to have it service by them because they are that good. We have always been welcomed like family and I feel we have always gotten the best deal possible. The staff is knowledgeable and always willing to help solve your problems if you have any. As stated before it all depends on what is important in a dealership. Best of luck in your search.