Easy Spell Corrector for Forum Postings

wdk450

Gang:
First of all, I didn't find the thread area for postings about posting on the forum, so I put it here.

I don't know if others have thought of this, or there is a better way, but when I am composing a post I frequently get the red underline reminders that I have misspelled something. Many times I can not figure out the correct spelling. Now I have a 2nd window tab open to Google, and when I get a misspelling underline, I just click on the Google window and type in my misspelt word. Google suggest words with the correct spelling. I just used this for "misspelt" and found out "misspelled" is correct.

porthole

Retired
When you "misspell" a word and it is underlined, just right click and then left click on the correct word.

If the word is underlined but spelled correctly, such as the word "Copake" choose "add to dictionary"

Attachments

• spell.JPG
    spell.JPG
    33.3 KB · Views: 48

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
When do ya'll find the wrong word underlined? As I'm posting-err, mis-spelled, I don't get anything.

wdk450

Porthole:
Thanks for the help!!!
Nabo:
Maybe the lack of red underlines is a browser thing, or a forum personal configuration choice.

jimtoo

They are auto spell correctors, not auto think correctors. :) Some folks mind really wander around.. :)

Manzan

My spelling is worse than awful so I installed the Google Tool Bar which includes a spell check. It will check anything you have just typed and the wrong spellings show up in red. Click on the wrong word and it will give you some alternative spellings plus an 'add to dictionary' option. Always there and always ready to cover my behind!

wdk450

I guess the red underline misspelling marker is a function of the Google Toolbar, or what I have, the Google Desktop. Or maybe the fact I use the Google Chrome browser.

How's Fall in Oregon, P.J.??

Crumgater

I installed 'ieSpell' in my IE browser... don't remember which forum set that up... maybe this one? If you click on the spell check button at the top of the post window (far right past bold/italics/insert image/etc.), it will ask if you want to install it.
I don't get the red underliney things, I have to right-click my post and select "check spelling" from the pop-up menu.

Gaffer

Beautiful cool sunny weather here in Central Oregon. Starting to get frost every night now so time to head south. Leaving next Tuesday.

donr827

I installed 'ieSpell' in my IE browser... don't remember which forum set that up... maybe this one? If you click on the spell check button at the top of the post window (far right past bold/italics/insert image/etc.), it will ask if you want to install it.
I don't get the red underliney things, I have to right-click my post and select "check spelling" from the pop-up menu.
I did the same thing. Do a search on "ie spell" and you can go to a site that you can down load ie spell check. It popped up under the Tools on the main bar.
Don

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I don't have too many issues spelling, it's transferring that information from my brain to my fingers. Another issue I get is hitting the ctrl key with my little finger instead of the Shift key. Things really get funky then.