elephant ear jack pads

sledman78

Has anyone ever replaced factory stabilizer jack pads with elephant ear pads? Is it worth it? or just another way to spend money? Any feedback would be appreciated!

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
We did when we put JT Stabilizers on our last rig. We liked them since they increased the footprint and spread the weight out better than the factory feet.
Kristy

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I had them until I replaced the OEM jacks with the Ground Control system. The pads would not work with the base of the new jacks, but I kept them on the rear stabilizer. Actually, the round pads for the Ground Control are larger than the OEM rectangular pads, so it wasn't a big deal. I mounted the two I couldn't use on my sister's smaller 5'er (which she later sold). I did like the way they spread the load on the ground better than the small feet of the original. With the rubber pads attached, they're less likely to slip on concrete or wood pads.

The first photo is the Ground Control jack pad, the second is the rear stabilizer with the Elephant Pad.

View attachment 28795View attachment 28796

Bobby A

I used them until I got the level up, my only complaint was that the rubber boot never stayed on the foot and blew away in the wind. If I had it to do over again I would purchase the foot but not the rubber boot.

EandJ

I had them until I replaced the OEM jacks with the Ground Control system. The pads would not work with the base of the new jacks, but I kept them on the rear stabilizer. Actually, the round pads for the Ground Control are larger than the OEM rectangular pads, so it wasn't a big deal. I mounted the two I couldn't use on my sister's smaller 5'er (which she later sold). I did like the way they spread the load on the ground better than the small feet of the original. With the rubber pads attached, they're less likely to slip on concrete or wood pads.

The first photo is the Ground Control jack pad, the second is the rear stabilizer with the Elephant Pad.

View attachment 28795View attachment 28796

OK - now your just showing off. Those wooden landing pads on the ground are way too neat.