ElkRidge - Landing gear motor

DLWinNM

My landing gear motor keeps blowing the fuse. I need to replace it. What is the recommended replacement? 2011 Elkridge model 35QSQB

Thank you for your help in this matter.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bogie

Are you blowing the fuse while raising the landing gear? Or, is the fuse blowing when the landing gear bottoms out when retracting. If it's the latter, it's a common problem. You can prevent blowing the fuse by not bottoming out the landing gear. Marking a line on the landing gear with a sharpie so you can stop before bottoming out sill solve that problem. I had the same issue with my 2011 Sundance.

If you are sure there is a problem with the motor or gear box, you can easily find a replacement. Just do an internet search for "Lippert landing gear motor".

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Are you blowing the fuse while raising the landing gear? Or, is the fuse blowing when the landing gear bottoms out when retracting. If it's the latter, it's a common problem.

You can prevent blowing the fuse by not bottoming out the landing gear. Marking a line on the landing gear with a sharpie so you can stop before bottoming out sill solve that problem. I had the same issue with my 2011 Sundance.

This is exactly what is causing your issue most likely.

Use the Sharpie pen to put a line maybe 1/2 inch at the top end and another at the bottom so that you don't extend or retract all the way.

The fuse you are blowing is on the positive wire of your battery in a black rubber cover/fuse holder and uses the green 50 amp fuse.

I went through this with my Prowler when I first got it...bought a whole box of extra green fuses, then found out here at the forum about this!

I have some extra fuses if you are anywhere near Yuma, AZ!