EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: WA, Twisp - 7/20/2012 to 7/22/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Steve,It is a little far off at this time, but we are looking at 2014 extended trip to the NW. Santha and I have relatives all over Idaho, Oregon, and Washington. Enjoy that that valley area. Last weekend we went up to Waynesville NC for an early spring campout and saw the first Elk we have seen in 35 years in Maggie Valley. That was Saturday morning. It snowed on us Sunday morning. Reminds us of the northwest. Randy, Santha and the Poodles

Hey...hopefully we will still be going strong in 2014! I might even be retired by then :) It did snow a little here the first week of March...we are so ready for spring! Haven't seen blue sky in months. Not sure of your history here in the northwest but we have camped in some really nice places on the OR coast. If you haven't done that, add it to your list! Would be fun to tag along to a campground for a day or two!

Best Wishes!

Randy

Founding Georgia Chapter Leader (Ret)
Steve, I have told my business partner I would work 2013 full time. Starting in 2014 Santha and I will be on the road.
Plan a rally and we will try to make it. We would never move back to the northwest but it is a great place to revisit.
The palm tree and hibiscus, jasmine,and strawberry's tell me not to move. Randy, Santha and the Poodles

SJH

Just A Reminder! See you in Twisp!

PosterPic.jpg

SJH

OK Pot-Luckers...

Haven't heard from many attendees yet but this is what is on the menu so far...

BBQ Meatballs - Morones
Taco Salad - Williams
Chicken Enchiladas - Roper
Hot & Spicy Chicken Wings - Herrick
Blueberry Pudding Cake - McLaughlin
Pot-Luck Surprise - Toburen
Broccoli slaw - Jan (GypsyRover)
Rhubarb Dessert - Williams
Items provided:
Bottled Water
Coffee
Caesar Salad
Rolls/Butter
Paper Plates and Table Service

If you know yet...send me your menu item and I will add it to the list!

Thanks! See you soon!

Last edited:

Manzan

Adding another dessert, this one with rhubarb. Gassed up the Suburban, propane tanks full, trailer plugged in, air in tires adjusted, clothes in and food goes in tomorrow along with laptop and camera. Plan on leaving around 9 AM. If we plan on earlier, usually leave around 9 and later, usually ready to go around 9. Guess we are in a rut!.
Bruce

SJH

Adding another dessert, this one with rhubarb. Gassed up the Suburban, propane tanks full, trailer plugged in, air in tires adjusted, clothes in and food goes in tomorrow along with laptop and camera. Plan on leaving around 9 AM. If we plan on earlier, usually leave around 9 and later, usually ready to go around 9. Guess we are in a rut!. Bruce

That's not a rut...that's a good "pre-flight" We are leaving about 10:00 AM so we will see you tomorrow! Have a safe trip!

Randy

Founding Georgia Chapter Leader (Ret)
Steve, Just checked this thread because of the date. Santha and I wish we could join you in the rally.
Have fun and enjoy the Lake Chelan area. Randy, Santha and the Poodles

SJH

Steve, Just checked this thread because of the date. Santha and I wish we could join you in the rally. Have fun and enjoy the Lake Chelan area. Randy, Santha and the Poodles

Nice to hear from you again! Hey, 2014 is not that far away...perhaps we will see you then if not before.

Best Wishes!

PS We have "Prunella" the labradoodle! What a joy she is! This will be her first camping trip!

SJH

Have a great rally everyone!

Thanks...we will certainly try! For an area known its good weather they have been having "issues" the past few days. Hopefully the thunderstorms have passed and all will be dried out...after all, I promised everyone great weather!

See you in Canyonville!

JDR

Thank you Steve and Analyn for hosting the Washington State Rally. It was a great time seeing friends again and meeting some new ones. The park was a good choice. As always the food was very good. We look forward to the next Rally.

Dale and Margi

Status
Not open for further replies.