Excessive Wind noise and flapping of Slide Toppers

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I got tired of chasing beach balls around the park.
I then went to the PVC supports.
Got tired of installing them.
We now just ignore the noise...it goes away.

Peace
Dave

Sent from my awesome Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I got tired of chasing beach balls around the park.
I then went to the PVC supports.
Got tired of installing them.
We now just ignore the noise...it goes away.

Peace
Dave

Sent from my awesome Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk

I like this one the best. We put a oscillating fan in the bedroom and turn it on at night for air circulation and noise cancellation. I ignore the slide topper noise. Actually bought the pvc solution once and after putting it together found it more of a pita to use and also found it tends to stretch the material. Some things you just have to tolerate.

Gaffer

I can't tell you how many tattered side toppers I have seen at parks along the Colorado river in Lake Havasu. It was a pain to tie them down or secure the balls on my last BH, so I ordered my new BH without.

Speedy

I agree completely and glad we did not have them installed. In fact I now explain both sides of this discussion when customers ask about them at the dealership I work at.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
On our July 4th. weekend campout this past summer we were sitting under the awning at St. Vrain State Park near Longmont, Colorado when one of the park rangers drove through the campground mid-afternoon stopping at each campsite to warn us of a high wind warning from the National Weather Service.

Since the sun was on the curb side of the trailer, we put the awning up right then yet was still in the shade of the trailer.

Well, the high winds never came . . . until about 9:30 pm after dark!

We were sitting inside the trailer watching TV when all of a sudden a huge micro burst wind shook the trailer intensely for about five seconds . . . then stopped!

I went outside to look around, and both coolers (full of beer, beverages and ice) had slid across the concrete slab out from under the trailer, and the camp chairs were about 30 feet from the trailer in the grassy field to the east of us.

As I looked around, other campers came out to inspect their damage.

And just about every other trailer, 5th-wheel and motor home around us all had their slide toppers ripped to shreds.

I had been thinking about getting one installed on our slide out . . . until that night!