EZ Connect electrical truck/RV connection

Dmetcalf

Has anyone heard about this magnetic type of connector..? I saw it on YouTube and decided it was worth trying so I ordered the complete set up from e-trailer. Just thought I would throw this out there..?
Ezconnect.com

Attachments

• IMG_6103.png
    IMG_6103.png
    841.9 KB · Views: 22

Gary521

Yes, I have and use this connector. I like it a lot. It is very easy to change over from your existing plug. Yes, I was one of those guys who forgot to disconnect the plug when unhooking ( after having installed this thing ). Perfect. It disconnected just like advertised. The magnet in the truck side connector is very strong. I like the storage magnet that they provide to attach to the trailer for storage when not hooked up to the truck.

Dmetcalf

Gary521- Good to hear from someone that has used one. The idea and YouTube video looked good and I’ve had to use a nail file to clean the contacts a couple times already and spray some contact cleaner. That electrical connection is an important one because it controls a lot of important functions of the RV. I should be receiving it this Friday so I’ll keep the old 7 pin connectors so I can keep my new ones for the next rv as well (if I ever need to replace this one).