Finding a new dealer

ihsolutions

The time has come, we are talking about upgrading to a new unit and my first instinct was to go back to RV Capital Wholesalerers / Great Lakes RV to seek out pricing on a new unit, only to find they have gone out of business.

There's a company operating under the same names in Lakeview, OH. I imagine someone bought the name of the businesses from Rob Reid?

Anyhow, I loved the experience of purchasing in Elkhart, but also the terrific pricing I got from RVCW. Can anyone recommend a similar outfit in the midwest, with great prices? I'm going to check on Lakeshore RV on the west side of Michigan as a place to start. Any other recommendations are much appreciated!

PS, I'm looking at Bighorn once again, so it would need to be a Bighorn dealer.

Miltp920

we went to lakeshore rv in muskegon, michigan because they gave us a special sale price that was awesome on the phone. we drove about 3 hours to go see the cyclone 3100 he had on his lot. we told him we were coming. we got there and a salesman took us to the rv. we were sitting in it when we learned that the owner sold it while we were sitting in it to someone on the phone. we ordered one, but only gave him $100 down. he did NOT give us the special sale price on the ordered unit, but we thought it was still a good price. i kept shopping, because I would give up $100 to save $1000. I ended up calling Petes RV in schererville indiana, and their price on our trade in deal walk away with a new 2014 cyclone, same spec sheet for $1500 in my favor. by the way, lakeshore RV did NOT return my $100. I highly recommend Petes RV in Indiana. They beat all rv stores in michigan. we had to leave a deposit to lock in the price at lakeshore. i knew this was a pressure sale tactic. compare Petes price to your best price you find BEFORE you make your final decision. My deal at Petes was totally over the phone and internet until i picked it up. i knew what it looked like, i sat in it for an hour at lakeshore rv. better trade and better price on unit. Petes sells heartland, but i do not know if they sell bighorns.

sengli

I second the nod for Petes RV in schererville indiana. We have been to tiara's several times looking, and they do not carry Big Horn. They do carry Big Country, oakmont, Landmark, sundance and recently just added Cyclone toy haulers.

dewwood

Sorry about the misinformation on Tiara RV, I thought they handled the Bighorn line. I knew they handled several of the Heartland product lines and thought the Bighorn was included.

AAdams

We ordered ours from Terrytown RV in MI. Going to pick it our Bighorn 3750FL on the 5th. Did the deal on the phone since we're in Texas.