First Landing State Park in Virginia

szewczyk_john

My wife found this park on the web and we now have plans to go there before or after the September Richmond Race since it is only two hours away from there. Found some reviews and most were positive. Curious if anyone has stayed there and if there are some sites better than others. We have the dogs and like the idea of a dog friendly campground with off leash beach areas for them to play. The sites look some what private and not on top of each other. Just looking for any reviews and/or site suggestions.

Appreciate any thoughts.

Vtxkid

Lived in that area for most of my life but had only been to that state park once, years ago. Back then it was called SeaShore State Park... nice beach area. I haven't heard anything bad about it!

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
We've camped at "Seashore State Park" before it was renamed First Landing. Great to be right next to the beach, but most of the campsites are small having been built before big rigs with multiple slide-outs. I haven't tried to camp there since moving up to 5th wheels. Not sure if they have improved their sites or not. If your Road Warrior (I'm not real familiar with them) is not real long, you probably won't have a problem. As I remember there is one loop (sorry I don't remember which one) that has a lot of trees crowding the roadway and they would scratch the sides of the trailer driving through. Again not sure if they have improved the area or not. Sorry I'm not much help because my information is so old, but if you can get into a site, I know you'll enjoy the area.