First Post!! Ordering this weekend

aRAYwego

First off, would like to say Hi to everyone from James and Sheila. Thank you for allowing us to learn from all the posts on this site. We will be ordering our '14 LM Key Largo possibly this weekend. Just have a few questions. I noticed Jbeletti posted a special build sheet with wood plank style flooring as an option. Is that option still available? It was not mentioned by the dealer when we were trying to equip the new coach. Also, with the weather type closures and delays at the factory, is there any way to know the estimated build time for a unit? I was told 8-10 weeks with another possible week for full body paint. And last (for now) lol how in the world do you not go crazy waiting for your new home?

jimtoo

Hi James and Sheila,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Your dealer should have all the options listed and if you want something that he does not know about... have him call while your there.. they will make some changes for you ,, depending on what it is sometimes. If Jim Beletti posted a build sheet,, it is most likely available.

After your order is placed, you can find out a really close delivery date.

While your waiting,,, waiting,,, waiting,, you can browse the forum, pickup lots of tips and see mods some others have made to give the rv,,, their personal touch.

Enjoy the forum,,, and waiting..:)

Jim M

jbeletti

Congrats on your order! I suggest you speak to the Heartland Landmark rep for your area. The guy who calls on your dealership. I don't know who that is - so please phone 574-262-5992 and ask the corporate office for the name/number of the rep. Email me via the forum if you are not able to obtain the contact. If you just ordered, time "may" remain to make order adjustments. I can't promise that - but timing is of the essence, so please get hold of the rep today.

aRAYwego

Thank you for the welcomes. We are very excited. We have not placed the order as of yet. Hoping for this weekend. We will definitely call the area rep when at the dealership and find out about the flooring. Thank you again. James

jbeletti

Thank you for the welcomes. We are very excited. We have not placed the order as of yet. Hoping for this weekend. We will definitely call the area rep when at the dealership and find out about the flooring. Thank you again. James

James - I suggest you call the rep now, before you hit the dealership. In this way, you'll be armed with maximum knowledge. Wish you all the best.

Phil Smith

Retired South Carolina Chapter Leader
sdnative1970,
We ordered the same coach on Nov 21. We just received word I will delivered this coming Monday. YEA!!! That will give you an idea o factory load/lead time. Keep in mind we also had to contend with holiday shut downs as well. Conrats on your "potential" order. Oh heck, JUST DO IT!!! Then join the Heartland Owners Club and meet some of the greatest people you will ever find a rally near you (or maybe come see me at my South Carolina rally (shameless plug...) Sept. 12-14, 2014 near Myrtle Beach, SC!

I hope you join the Heartland family! You will most certainly enjoy the experience!
Phil

aRAYwego

Jbeletti: I we will be sure to call before we get to the dealership. I always like to be informed prior to big purchases.

Phil: the purchase is as good as done. All monies are accounted for, just waiting on title from trade in and the time to actually get to the dealership. I hate 10 am to 6 Pm shifts. Lol

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Congrats, and welcome to the forum! I am sure you will love you Key Largo as much as we do! Enjoy!!

GlenStMary

Congratulations on your decision to order a new Key Largo!!! I'm sure you will love that unit. We have been in ours for about 10 months and have not found a single thing we regret about our purchase except that we didn't do it sooner. I have a suggestion about how to make the wait seem to go by faster...start planning a few trips and some of the things you will do to personalize your coach. There a tons of projects, suggestions and instructions available on this forum to give you lots to think about. Hopefully we'll meet on down the road.

aRAYwego

And the wait begins.!!!! Ordered our key largo yesterday. Now we need mother nature to cooperate so they can get her built AND painted. Thank you everyone for the advice and info.... Jbeletti, thanks for suggesting I call the area LM rep (Jeff Howe). He was very helpful and informed us that today was the last day to get our order in for the next LM run. We will be getting the "wood plank" flooring we wanted as well. I can already tell we made a great choice in Heartland!!!!!

jbeletti

James and Sheila - this is great news. Congrats on the order of your new LM Key Largo. You're going to LOVE IT! I used a LM for my previous demo coach and we really enjoyed it. Such a great kitchen in that unit.

So now the wait begins. And it will be totally worth it. In the mean time, read up on the Heartland Owners Club and decide if club membership is right for you. If it is, then join, then sign up for the Pacific Regional rally in Sparks, NV to be held over the 4th of July holiday weekend. Nancy and I will be there and I'd love to meet you and see that new RV plus that huge grin :)

Phil Smith

Retired South Carolina Chapter Leader
James and Sheila, Congratulations! I know all about the feel of the wait. Mine just made it to the dealer yesterday and I was supposed to take delivery on Thursday. Now Mother Nature is sending us a snow and ice storm and our delivery has been pushed out a week or more. :( If we can't make nest week, it will have to be pushed out to mid-march due to work schedules. Uggh!!!

Good luck with the wait, spend time reading the forum and make plans for as many rallies a possible!!! (After all while you are waiting you have nothing better to do!) lol

Phil

aRAYwego

Just received an update. Still on schedule for a first week in April delivery! Getting closer. Plan on joining the HOC as soon as I find the Vin # again.

Phil, were you able to take delivery?

Seren

Congrats! Yes, the wait is long, too long. It is like when you were a kid waiting for Christmas or your birthday, except this is like waiting to change your life, especially for those who will be full-timing. We will be picking up our Grand Canyon on Mar 24, and then putting our house up for sale the beginning of Apr.

Wish you the best, and ask any questions, everyone here is very helpful and knowledgeble.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD