Florida Campgrounds to Key West

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Bill Frederick Park at Turkey Lake Orlando FL is another campground we stayed at. This is a nice campground, however it is a bit unusual. The roa is paved but winds around a lot. Our 38ft BH made it through the park with no problems but I had to watch closely not to turn to close on the curves and watch out for the trees.

The sites are concrete and pretty well level side to side but some are pretty far off front to back. I am including one photo to show how much I had to raise the front to get it level.
DSC_1282M.jpg DSC_1295M.jpg DSC_1299M.jpg

If you look at the second photo you will see that the landing gear is extended a long way and if you look at the height of the pin box compared to the back of the TV it is above the bed rails. Not all are that bad, such as the third photo.

So I like the park enough to stay again.

BC

TXBobcat

Fulltime
We are now at Wilderness RV Park in Silver Springs FL, just outside of Ocala FL. This is a nice park. It has a keyed gate, nice sites. Many fulltime units and park models, but they are all neat and clean. This is a Passport America park and they give you the discount all the time. Only negative points are, the WiFi and the garbage. The WiFi is $3.95 per day and it is very weak. I am pretty close to the office and the signal is not very strong. I am using my Verizon Air Card with the freedom antenna. I am getting a signal strength of -76 through the MBR1000 Router. This is strong if not stronger than the campground WiFi.

They have a very nice garbage compactor. They give you the code to use it. The compactor is off to one side of the campground and if your getting ready to leave you have to drive half way across the campground to get to it. They do not pick up trash and there is not a dumpster near the exit.

This is a nice place to stay, especially for a Passport America campground. BTW they do not push you off to the far side or lesser sites as you can see in the attached photos.

DSC_1304M.jpg DSC_1314M.jpg DSC_1321M.jpg

Now here is another intresting RV. If you want a gooseneck here is a way to do it...
DSC_1315M.jpg

BC