furnace not working

mrrocko

i have a 2016 big horn 3875 with two dometic a/c units no heat pump and a dometic thermostat with four modes. when i try to use the furn mode i can not get the blower to run. will the blower run with low propane? the power converter is a inteli power 9200 with the bottom gauge reading and blinking 0000 and then 13.5. will the blower run with that much voltage. i did have the converter remote switch turned off but the main switch turned on. the propane switch in the compartment is hard to read i have read the manual on this forum for my switch but when does it read empty? i do have some white tips on the stove after it is on for a few minutes i have not had to use the furnace because we stay in warm weather rv parks. but in mesa az it droped to 48f last night so i tried the furnace would not work. checked all fuses all good a/c working all lights working. not planning on camping where it will be below 40f but would still like to have furnace working. i did a reset on converter but still blinking the same numbers.just one of many problems with a factory built 2016. thanks jim

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Does your blower run at all? Does it start, run for a while and stop? Do you hear any noise at the furnace?
Did you crank up the thermostat?
Do your stove burners continue to burn?
I guess I am not up to speed on 2016 models but I wasn't aware that the converter had a gauge, reset and remote.
And yes your blower should run at 13.5 volts which is about the proper charging rate.
I'm also not sure about a propane switch unless your talking about the auto switch over regulator.

Peace
Dave

danemayer

the power converter is a inteli power 9200 with the bottom gauge reading and blinking 0000 and then 13.5. will the blower run with that much voltage. i did have the converter remote switch turned off but the main switch turned on.

You probably have two thermostats for the air conditioning. Only one of them will operate the furnace. Have you tried the other one?

Even if you're out of propane, when the thermostat calls for heat, the furnace blower should run for 20-25 seconds. If you're out of propane, after 3 ignition attempts, the blower shuts off and the furnace goes into lockout mode for safety reasons. To try again, you have to cycle the thermostat OFF and back to heat/furnace mode.

mrrocko

tried both thermostats and neither one will start the blower. i made a big mistake when i picked up the rv i did not have time to camp out at dealer and try everything before i left. so i am left with alot of problems that could have been fixed at the dealer or at least tell me how to work things in the trailer, because the manuals giving to me are pretty much useless. the manuals on the forum are good. blower will not come on at all. i guess my next step is to call customer service and see what they say