Furnace question

Chopeck

Good evening,

I have a 2016 388 ss vin 5sfcg433xge300578

The question I have is we have two t stats one for bedroom unit and one for main. When I turn the main unit to furnace it turns on the furnace as well at the main roof top unit. The main roof unit runs continuously and the furnace cycles. Is this normal operation? In previous units I have owned the roof top unit did not run concurrently with the furnace

Thank you
Bryan

jimtoo

Hi Chopeck,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Check your thermostat fan setting. It should be set on Auto. Let us know if that cures your problem.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit.

Jim M

Chopeck

Hi Chopeck,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Check your thermostat fan setting. It should be set on Auto. Let us know if that cures your problem.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit.

Jim M

Thank you for the welcome. I just checked the t stat and I do not have an auto setting it is a dometic with on off mode switch that toggles between fan, cool, heat.

My memory is not all that but I almost can swear that I used the furnace once before and it did not turn on the main roof unit

Still puzzled,

Look forward to swapping info, and adventure. Currently on a 10 day stint through Ga and Fl.

Many thanks
Bryan

danemayer

Thank you for the welcome. I just checked the t stat and I do not have an auto setting it is a dometic with on off mode switch that toggles between fan, cool, heat.

Cycle the thermostat to FAN and press the + or - button to cycle the FAN mode to AUTO.