Great Service for my Truck...

TXBobcat

Fulltime
This year we have needed some help with minor problems and was given great service by two dealers that I would like to tell you about.

While in Randolph VT we went on a day trip to see the leaves change. As we travel slowly I normally try to pull over and let cars go by so I can take my time. I pulled over and a nice young man got out and told me I had a wheel that was about to come off. Well it was actually a belt on the tire was coming loose and was wiggling around. He helped me change the tire and told me a place to get it replaced. Well we ended up at Wilson Tire Co. in Randolph VT. It was Wednesday and we were leaving on Friday. Eric Wallman, manager, ordered me a replacement tire and told me to come back at 1pm on Thursday. I arrived on Thursday and he came over apologizing. They had shipped the wrong tire. He called and found a correct tire which was over an hours drive away. He asked me to return at 3pm. At about 2:30 he called me. He had the tire and was ready to mount it. He had on of his employees drive and pick up the tire. I was ready to go by 4pm Thursday. He even gave me a discount on the price of the tire. If you ever in the area of Randolph VT and need tire work please give Wilson Tire Co. your business....

The young man that helped me change the tire on the road said he was a mechanic at a local repair shop. He was helping me get the tire out from under my truck and noticed that the Pinion seal was starting to leak. He told me it was not real bad at this time but I should keep an close eye on it and have it repaired.

I have been having the check engine light come on about the #2 glow plug. When we arrived in Nashville TN the truck was beginning to start slowly and I was concerned that it may give me a problem very soon. I checked out Ford Dealers in the Nashville area and was lead to Mid-Tenn Ford. This is a Dealer and Ford service for trucks, not cars. I pulled in on Tuesday and asked if they could help me get the Glow plug fixed and see if that was what was causing the truck to start harder. This place is very busy, but the service manager told me to come back in at 7am on Wednesday and they would work me in. To make a long story short, they replaced the Glow plug, the pinion seal, fuel filters and checked the air filter. I was out by 4pm. While there an older couple pulled in with a Class C M/H that had a V10 eingine that was bearly running. They also worked them in and about had them ready to travel as I was leaving. This place and the employees are very good and did a great job. If you are in the Nashville TN area and need work on your Ford this is a place to get the work done.

Thanks for reading.
BC

Dave49

Always good to hear positive reports from people with great service. Thanks for letting us know!

Dave

wino2

Unfortunately there are less than 300 of these Ford Truck (only) Dealerships in the US. They are really great if you have a diesel, they will have a few diesel mechanics whereas a car store might only have one or two diesel mechanics and it could take a few days to get into them. In some of the big cities you might find these truck dealerships, service department open until late at night.

porthole

Retired
Irwin Motors (multi franchise) in Laconia, NH went out of their way last month for our F-350 with a seized blower motor. This was after being turned away at 4 other Ford dealers.

sjs731

Customer service is something that seems to be lacking at some companies. Glad to hear stories of places where it still exists.

Steve
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk