GW3650BH Lower Than Most Carrying Capacity - Why?

Jhuff8181

We are a family of five about to start a full time RV adventure. We plan on doing a decent amount of travel staying in one place only two to three months at a time. We love the floor plan of the GW3650BH and the quality seems high. My question is concerning the specs. When comparing it to other like class models the cargo carrying capacity is lower than most at 2501 lbs. some are as high as 3900 lbs. Do those of you who full time think this is a problem? Also does Heartland warranty the "Luxury" models for full time use?

Thank You

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Jhuff, I can't give you a clear answer. You should be able to research this by determining how each manufacturer configures their 5th wheel. Tire size and load range capacity. Axle and spring capacity and unloaded vehicle weight. What type of construction materials are used. Some may advertise their capacity based on a bone stock trailer. Heartland bases their advertised capacity based on an averaging system. They weigh multiple configurations of an existing model and average that weight to determine the advertised numbers. Each individual trailer is weighed coming off the production line and assigned a specific label with the capacity for that trailer. It is based on all options included in that build.
I believe Heartland warranties the Bighorn and Landmark for full time use.