Hail Damage to my 22FBS

d_fergie

Working last night when we had golf ball sized hail at home, got back this morning to see both my vents were trashed & 1 clearance light lense knocked off.
Picked up 2 White covers on way to work this afternoon and will add the White large vent covers (that go over the others), if I had done that awhile back like I'd thought of the vents wouldn't be shattered...
If I'd had a trail runner or other metal skinned trailer, it would look pretty ugly like my F150 ... The trees took a pretty good beating also, and my house has 1 cracked window, but I consider myself lucky it wasn't worse.

Attachments

• Hail Camper.jpg
    Hail Camper.jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 137
  • Hail Hood.jpg
    Hail Hood.jpg
    587.1 KB · Views: 135

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Glad your okay and that the damage wasn't worse.
I met a guy in Utah a few years ago with a beautiful large Airstream.
I was telling him how clean it was and he told me to look at the off door side. I walked around and it looked like someone had taken a ball pein hammer to the whole side of it. He said he got caught in a hail storm in Nebraska and it totally destroyed the whole side of his rig! Many, many thousands to repair it I'm sure. Trace

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997

d_fergie

I walked my dogs this morning before tackling the vents (covering), the ground on my land looked like the moon with pock marks ... A co worker had his new SOB it a couple weeks ago in town, he said it looks pretty bad.

donr827

Be sure that you check the roof itself and make sure the caulking has not been damaged.........Don

d_fergie

Thanks, but everything looks pretty solid, after I install the vent lids, I might run a hose and spray the roof... I found and ordered a Smoke colored vent cover for the Bedroom end, might stick with white for the Bathroom vent.

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
So glad the damage was not worse! About 5 years ago my parent were hailed on. They had a 28 ft airstream and it took such a beating they ended up registering it as salvaged. After I replaced the lights, vent covers, ac cover etc, it was still functional and the AS dealer quoted them over 20k to fix the skin. Their VW bug parked beside it was destroyed. Bent the A posts it was so bad.

Rogue9

Not much you can do when it hails. If you know it's coming, maybe try a tarp or cover over the roof. I protected my 1970 Mustang with a canvas tent during a hailstorm when I lived in Colorado. We could hear the hail coming...only had a few minutes to get it covered. Ended up with only two dings while I was actually getting it covered.

d_fergie

Installed the Smoke colored vent hood, have another on way... adjuster scheduled for a week from Monday.

Lance & Jo

We get our trailer back Tue. (I hope), the only things that made it through the storm were the Fantastic Fan lid and the Air Conditioner cover. Even had a tear in the EPDM which resulted in new roof. First time in a hail storm like that and hope we don't get close to one again. Hard to imagine what it could have been like if we had been moving down the highway, so for us the lesson learned is to be more vigilant of the weather before taking to the road.

d_fergie

I installed the other vent hood a week ago Friday, had adjuster out Monday, $1,150 check for damage (aluminum skirt below fiberglass on left side had pings, vent on Water heater cover same, along with minor dings) She gave me $86 an hour for 2 hours for the replacement of my Vent covers plus the cost of those...