Heartland Debuts Full-Time Landmark Fiver

Jim, Sorry I wasn't clear that I was being sarcastic over the "full time" classification on the Landmark based on having a Dexter suspension/axles and frameless windows. And I wasn't aware that there WAS a full timer exclusion in the warranty--interesting. Actually, our particular unit has turned out to be a problem from day one and to my way of thinking is not the unit that I ordered in any way, shape or form. Our mistake was in accepting it, but we had already sold the unit we were living in so we were kind of stuck. I feel we paid over $60,000 for what is a $30,000 fifth wheel. There is a good possibility that since our unit was built right before Christmas that quality control was lacking causing some of the problems but part of our discontent is also with the cheapening of the overall product from what we saw (and thought we were ordering) in the 2009 model. So am I happy with our coach? Not at all. Is it livable as a full timers' unit? Absolutely. And we will continue to use it as such until we finally settle down one day. If it lasts that long.

Rockerga

Full-time WANNABE
The problem is not offering more brands but rather offering QUALITY in the ones you have already on the market. My suggestion is to query current "Heartland product Owners" and listen. The old adage of love for a bright and shiny piece of #*$& until you uncover it and realize what it is you own last so much longer than that flash of "I gotta have that floor-plan!" Make desired floor-plans, build-in quality with quality appliances and building materials, enact the industries highest QC controls then everyone will line-up for them.

Not bashing Heartland specifically, but after being in the market to upgrade my current NT (ZERO ISSUES BTW) for a higher-end larger 5ver I am quite disappointed in the lack of attention to details and products used in the current examples I have seen. It is like the magician who uses slight of hand to keep your attention away form what is important in the end. From an old marketing prof: "If you can't dazzle with brilliance, baffle them with bulls$%*!"