Hello - New Hearland Edge M21 Owner

evolvingpowercat

Hello, I purchased a pre-owned 2011 Heartland Edge M21 July 10th. Really looking forward to using it. This owners forum has been invaluable for identifying the tweaks that will make it much more enjoyable. The pass thru storage is great, I have room for my folding bike, Coleman Road Trip Grill, Folding hammock, chairs, and a generator.

Tweaks so far: MaxAir vent covers, Heater wasp guard, 2nd battery, 12V to 110V 1200 watt output inverter installed in pump compartment along with Solar Panel charge controller and 12V outlet (plan to do a separate post on that project later), 80 watt portable solar panel, hard mount 12V fan mounted on wall next to TV cabled to a spare fuse on power panel. add the missing TV audio out cable between the Jensen LCD and the Jensen Audio panel, Use Aux2 on Jensen Audio Panel for a Ipod / Ipad Composite Video / Audio docking cable, add pair of speakers wired to Speaker out C, replace the rusting window screws with stainless steel ones, and Yamaha EF2400i generator.

Randy
Overland Park, Kansas, USA

pegmikef

Welcome Randy. I had one of those for about a year, but we needed more room. Two other mods I made was to add drawers to that worthless really deep shelf on the night stands and to add a shelf to each of the cabinets in the living area. Oh yeah, I had to raise the hanging bars in the little wardrobes on each side of the bed so shirts would actually hang correctly.

evolvingpowercat

Thanks, Peg and Mike for the feedback. I'll put that on my ideas list. Did you experience much sway with the M21, it looks like there is good weight on the tongue if the fresh water tank if pretty full. I think I am going to start out with no friction sway control bar and add if needed. Am towing the M21 with a 2006 VW Touareg SUV with air suspension and 4.2L V8 all wheel drive, its rated to tow 7800 lbs so pulling the M21 is working out quite well.

evolvingpowercat

Thanks, PhotoPete, for the tip on the shelves. I found that the cabinets above the bed hold 5 bankers boxes perfectly, so that is what I am using the cabinet for right now.

Randy

BillTows

Hello, I purchased a pre-owned 2011 Heartland Edge M21 July 10th. Really looking forward to using it. This owners forum has been invaluable for identifying the tweaks that will make it much more enjoyable. The pass thru storage is great, I have room for my folding bike, Coleman Road Trip Grill, Folding hammock, chairs, and a generator.

Tweaks so far: MaxAir vent covers, Heater wasp guard, 2nd battery, 12V to 110V 1200 watt output inverter installed in pump compartment along with Solar Panel charge controller and 12V outlet (plan to do a separate post on that project later), 80 watt portable solar panel, hard mount 12V fan mounted on wall next to TV cabled to a spare fuse on power panel. add the missing TV audio out cable between the Jensen LCD and the Jensen Audio panel, Use Aux2 on Jensen Audio Panel for a Ipod / Ipad Composite Video / Audio docking cable, add pair of speakers wired to Speaker out C, replace the rusting window screws with stainless steel ones, and Yamaha EF2400i generator.

Randy

Hi Randy, I've also got an M21 and my wife and I love it. I'm curious, does the Yamaha EF2400i generator have enough power to run your AC? I've got a Honda EU2000i and would have to run run two of them in parallel to power my AC unit. also, where did you install the third pair of speakers? I've got a long list of upgrades I plan to make over the next few years and I'm really just getting started.

Bill