HELP WARRANTY ISSUES

Bought a brand new Cyclone mid June 2024, only owners, and paid cash for it only to have our lives turn into a nightmare. We have water coming into our bedroom slide out, water coming in at the stove creating water damage to the “wood” water collecting underneath the transports area bowing so much that it’s nearly touching the axle, and finally our generator does not start! I reached Heartland was provided with 3 on site techs, spoke with 2 of them neither one works with warranty/repairs through Heartland it would be our responsibility to get reimbursed and that would not be a guarantee.
No one should have the stress of doing this with a brand new unit. Heartland should be providing its customers with dealer contact information that complete service repairs, even reaching those dealerships for expedited service. These dealerships have contracts with HEARTLAND yet they have no costumer service and placing it on the consumer to navigate this process. This is unacceptable, we have only had this since mid June, it’s brand new, we are the only owners, and wanted this model made specifically by Heartland.
We are extremely disappointed in the product and lack of assistance with helping to rectify the problems.

Attachments

• IMG_0578.jpeg
    IMG_0578.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0577.jpeg
    IMG_0577.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_3465.jpeg
    IMG_3465.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_3464.jpeg
    IMG_3464.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_3466.jpeg
    IMG_3466.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 23

david-steph2018

Have you talked to the dealer you bought the rig from?
Where are you located? Have you asked Heartland if you can bring it to the factory for them to repair the rig?

jerryjay11

If you haven't done so yet, check that your seals have deployed fully. I carry an old broom handle to flip one vertical seal every time I extend it. The top seal use to not deploy fully, but after cleaning and lubing it with seal lube the top extends okay now. It's just the one rear vertical seal I have to help.

rhodies1

Clean the back side of your seals as well. They collect dust and stick. I use soap and water to clean and then lube both sides off the seal. It sounds like your slides may not be adjusted properly so you are not getting a good seal. Talk to your dealer about getting it in and checked ASAP. Water intrusion is your enemy.

Have you talked to the dealer you bought the rig from?
Where are you located? Have you asked Heartland if you can bring it to the factory for them to repair the rig?
I have talked and emailed with Heartland for over a week. She gives me names and numbers, I call and it’s either we don’t mess with warranty repairs or you’ll have to pay upfront and try to get reimbursed from Heartland. Each one has said that they have had costumers not get reimbursed. I am blown away by this.
If you haven't done so yet, check that your seals have deployed fully. I carry an old broom handle to flip one vertical seal every time I extend it. The top seal use to not deploy fully, but after cleaning and lubing it with seal lube the top extends okay now. It's just the one rear vertical seal I have to help.
I will for sure look at those again. We had to shove towels into the side of the slide out due to the amount of water that was coming in!

Clean the back side of your seals as well. They collect dust and stick. I use soap and water to clean and then lube both sides off the seal. It sounds like your slides may not be adjusted properly so you are not getting a good seal. Talk to your dealer about getting it in and checked ASAP. Water intrusion is your enemy.
The amount of water is unreal. What about coming in by our stove, no slide out there then leading to the underbelly of the hauler it’s bowed out touching the axel full of water. We are concerned with towing it, any mobile tech or dealership said based off what they were hearing or seeing they would not touch it mobile

rhodies1

Have you climbed up o. The roof and looked for a tear in the roof membrane. If there is no slide at the stove area.. there maybe a tear.. leak around exhaust vent, window. I know it’s z pain in the A to look but you need to find the leaks and stop them asap. I realize it’s under warranty but don’t edit for anyone. As for the water in the underbelly, take a sharp knife and cut a 1 inch slice and let it drain oot. Don’t drive the knife up through the coroplast. Cut easily through and let drain out.