Ice Maker supply line

MD Buck

Over the weekend while working on the exterior of my 3670, I discovered the supply line for the ice maker was run outside the unit to the bottom of the slide for the refrigerator. The line is not protected or insulated. Has anyone had a problem with this line freezing? According to the owner's manual it is supposed to be heated and not freeze till a colder temperature, but this line is open and not protected.

Second item, is has anyone found out what kind of screwdriver it takes to tighten the star screws on the exterior compartment doors. It looks like a torx head, but none of the standard sizes fit.

jbeletti

MD,

See here for someone who has insulated their ice maker line on their LM version of the BH 3670.

The line is in the slide wiring loom because the refer is in the slide and there is no other way to get water to it. The portion behind the refer and past the water solenoid is the section that has the heating wire on it from Dometic.

Jim

2010augusta

We have had the ice maker line freeze before, but it thaws out the next day and is small enough it does not break. Might try ti insulate this winter.

As for the screw in the compartment doors, they are a 8 point star, so you can just use a #2 square drive bit.

KENNY COCHRAN

MCNEESE STATE COWBOYS #1
As for the screw in the compartment doors, they are a 8 point star, so you can just use a #2 square drive bit.
THAT IS WHAT THE FACTORY THAT MAKES THE DOOR USES TOO.

Delaine and Lindy

Water Line???

We had the same situation with our water line when we had the Landmark. I put a valve on the end were it connects to the Fridge. And when we weren't using the Ice maker I opened the three way valve and with air pressure I just force the water out. I thought that was the easiest way to empty the line. The MS 4 door fridge is also located in the large off door slide but the water supply is from the kitchen isle and is inclosed in the floor. So it want freeze. GBY....