Installed a Backsplash

RanCarr

Hi,

Jeff and I were a little unhappy with the black and brown striped wallpaper behind our stove and counter top so I decided to install a new backsplash. I used the fake tin panels from Lowes (you can find them back by the kitchen cabinets and countertops). They come in a variety of colors and patterns to include one that you can paint and are washable and heat resistant.

I love their panels. We used them as a backsplash on the old Class-C we bought last fall. They seem to be made of some kind of plastic that looks like metal so hope they can take the heat from the stove. :)

Last edited:

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
The specs for the Fasade brand thermoplastic backsplash:

Class A fire rated; do not expose to temperatures over 140°F; keep heat source 3" to 4" away from panel surface.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RanCarr

The specs for the Fasade brand thermoplastic backsplash:

Class A fire rated; do not expose to temperatures over 140°F; keep heat source 3" to 4" away from panel surface.

Thanks, that's good to know. Maybe it wasn't such a good idea using it as we first thought. :(

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
With our stove there is 10 1/2 inches from the back eyes & the back wall so there is plenty of space. Also we have the folding top stove cover which can not be removed as added protection. At this time heat isn't the problem.

justafordguy

That turned out very nice, We were planning on doing the same type of backsplash but we decided to go with glass tile instead (just got it yesterday). I'll glue it with liquid nails but haven't decided what grout will be best. Any ideas?

babycampers

I did the exact same thing two years ago as well. I used double sided tape in case we sell our camper or got tired of the tin panels look. Would like to see something like this at the design/build stage considering how close walls are to the cooking area. Now if I could just re-orient the pantry . . . . . . . !

I found this kit at Sams Club. It comes with everything including grout, trowel and even a tape measure! There was enough to do the bathroom after I finished with the kitchen. It comes in 2 different colors with randomly spaced tiles of copper. The cost was about $60 if I remember right.CIMG0269.jpgCIMG0270.jpg

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I found this kit at Sams Club. It comes with everything including grout, trowel and even a tape measure! There was enough to do the bathroom after I finished with the kitchen. It comes in 2 different colors with randomly spaced tiles of copper. The cost was about $60 if I remember right.View attachment 25344View attachment 25345

Looks great! Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

simsfmly

Ohio Chapter Leaders-retired
Now that you've put in the back splash -- what did you do with your spice rack that was wall mounted?