Is the $290 worth it for 2 Year Winegard Trav'ler Slimline Satelite Dish through Camping World?

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Hey all, I am going to have the Winegard TRAV’LER DIRECTV SWM Slimline Automatic Multi-Satellite TV Antenna #SK-SWM3 installed and was hoping those of you that have had one for several years can chime in on your experiences. paying for a 2 year extended warranty, which tags on to the end of the manufacturers 2 year parts 1 year labor warranty, is not worth it and is money out the window. I am wanting your feed back to figure out if this is something that might be money well spent. $300 for something that will replace a product that normally costs over $2000 I think might not be a bad deal, especially if people have had problems with theirs.

Quick feedback is appreciated as I have my appointment with Camping World to purchase it and have it installed on Monday February 9, 2015.

Thanks in advance!

Rod

jbeletti

Rod,

The Winegard Trav'ler has turned out to be a pretty well made product. If it were me, I likely wouldn't take the coverage. But that's just me.

At least this coverage kicks in after the mfr plan ends. I'd read the fine print to see what the exclusions are so you go into it eyes-wide-open and aren't disappointed later with an uncovered repair.

danemayer

Rod,

It's unusual for extended warranties to kick in after the manufacturer's warranty. Make sure you check the fine print carefully. Also, you might look into when the clock starts - after the mfg's labor warranty expires, or after the parts warranty expires.

DocFather

I have had mine almost 2 years with no issues whatsoever. I did not purchase the extended warranty. But ya never know.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Four years here, without any problems.
BTW, you can purchase the Directv version, Slimline Traveler for around $1500 now. I actually got my four years ago for $1300. Trace