Jensen Television

Dylan

Finally set up our "new" 2009 3670RL. The tv has come on by itself at 4:30 in the morning twice now. Anybody have the same problem? I didn't see a timer on the menu anywhere, at least not one that would turn it on.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Looking through the manual for my Jensen, there is no timer function for turning it on, only the sleep timer to turn it off. What may be happening is that it's getting a spurious signal from somewhere or something that is mimicking the signal from the remote power on button. We've not had the problem with the Jensens in our BH, but we do get that at home occasionally with our Pioneer plasma TV. Thing just comes on by itself sometimes.

You might contact Jensen for more information. I've dealt with them and find them to be very customer friendly. Here's the link for the manuals, in case you don't have it.
http://www.jensenrvdirect.com/manuals-guides

StephenKatSea

We got our "new" 2008 3670RL last year. It also has the Jensen. Haven't had the "mysterious On" situation. Once we got everything dialed in, Surround Sound through the Coby sound system and up graded the Sat reception to HD, we have found it to be a very nice tv. Any chance a DVR could be causing the set to come on?

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Many of the Jensen Stereo systems have alarms built into them. If it is connected to the TV and one of the alarm options is TV, that could possibly cause it. Don't have a Jensen now so I can't check.

TXTiger

Funny. I don't have a rig yet, hope to make the purchase in a few months, but thought post about Pioneer TV at home was interesting. I have a Pioneer TV at home and it turns itself on all the time. TV is blank because cable box is still off and no sound because surround is also off, but tv power light is on.

rjr6150

Since your unit is new this was a known problem back then. Contact Jensen and they will instruct you how to correct this. Our 09 did the same thing and they sent out some type of box that will reprogram the electronics after which you send it back to them. Very easy to accomplish.

caissiel

Our 2009 model needed the same upgrade done to it. Just contact them they might have S/N records. It was an easy fix.