Jimtoo is traveling a little.

jimtoo

Finally we are getting away for a couple of weeks or so. We are in Thousand Trails Lake Texoma for another couple of days. Had a good weekend with out children in Leaky, TX.. then went to Lake Whitney for a couple of days.. now here at Lake Texoma.

There are 5 or 6 Big Horns, a Big Country and a Cyclone or two here. They look like they are all on yearly sites. No one around. This is one of the things I really don't like about Thousand Trails, they are allowing people to rent a site for the year, even if they take RV off site,, it still cannot be used, it is bagged and blocked. This was not part of the original plan, but guess they needed the money.

They are upgrading the electric service here, changing to 50amp in most of the area's. But when doing this they are hitting the water lines and causing a water outage also. And they do not have anything posted on the web site about improvements being made and some sites are closed. So this makes it a kinda full of trailers park, but no or very few people.

And to top it all off,,, the internet WiFi is down,, at least it is tonight at the main building. So we are on the phone.. kinda slow ,,, but it works.

We will be departing here Sunday traveling to Skiatook,OK so Bette can visit with Jerry Yarnell for a couple of day and gain some more knowledge about her art work.

Jim M

jbeletti

Jim,

You and Bette be safe and have fun out their on the trail. From the last painting I saw of Bette's, she could be Mr. Yarnell's teaching assistant - she's that good!

Be well my friend!

olcoon

Glad you guys are getting to go out & about. How is the new coach working out? I agree with Jim B. Bette has a lot of talent! See you guys when we get down there!

jayc

Legendary Member
Jim, good to see you and Bette traveling and out of the south Texas heat. Travel safe my friends.

Herbiesrig

North Central Region Directors-Retired
Great to hear that you got out for awhile... Hopefully we can make it to Storyfest again this year, just hoping that it is not as hot as last year. Safe Travels..

TXTiger

Jim, you should head out west to the Pacific Regional Rally in Oct. it's only a 2 day drive from TX and the weather is great.

jimtoo

Hi Tony and everyone.

Believe me, I wish we could get away for a while. We are managing a couple of weeks and then I will be consumed by George West Storyfest for October and first few days of Nov.
This is our 25th year and hope to make it the best. We have a wonderful lady that works for Storyfest making all the contracts, contacts and schedules and shse is doing a wonderful job. But when it comes time for setup and getting things lined out it is a real work house. We have about 20-25 volunteers and they all work their rears off. Most of us in the last 2 days and day of Storyfest will put in about 50+ hours.

It is a wonderful event and all free except for dance and food if you want. Check out our web site.

Jim M