Just bought a used 2014 sundance 3400 QB, and have a few questions

Schmidty

I have a couple questions that a failed to ask the salesman:
1. What is the little toggle switch for that is underneath the rocker switch that operates the electric front jack?
2. Is there a switch somewhere that kills all the power from the battery?
3. The camper has electric jacks in the front and back. Is there usually a remote? If not, can one be purchased/system installed to operate the electric jacks? Jayco campers have a remote for the jacks, slide outs, and awning.
4. Are there any major disadvantages to the screw jack slide outs vs. Hydraulic?
5. There are two little round lights (orange) on the nose of the camper that don't work. They don't look like they are just reflectors, or am I wrong?
6. Are there any other must knows on this camper?

Thanks

PS: First time owner of a camper!!!!

Jim Posz

I think that the "mystery switch" you refer to should turn on the two little amber lights in the nose. It does on mine. I don't think there is a master disconnect switch on the battery, but I see these advertised and probably won't be hard to install. As far as I know the jacks are wired directly, so would not have a remote. Pro of hydraulic slides is that they move faster - con is that many hydraulic systems are set to move all slides out and in at once, even if you only want to open one. Also, with the screw out slides if a motor goes out or you lose power there is a crank (probably in the front of your storage compartment) that can be used to bring them in or out. I had to do that once with my old Dutchman when the switch broke.
PS My 2014 is my second Sundance, traded in a 2007 model which served us well. Had four SOB's, new and used, before that since 1992. Best wishes.

Schmidty

The switch must be bad, unless the switch and lights only work when the camper is plugged into a power source. I would think the switch and lights would run off the battery??? How about yours Jim?

ncc1701e

I have a couple questions that a failed to ask the salesman:
1. What is the little toggle switch for that is underneath the rocker switch that operates the electric front jack?
2. Is there a switch somewhere that kills all the power from the battery?
3. The camper has electric jacks in the front and back. Is there usually a remote? If not, can one be purchased/system installed to operate the electric jacks? Jayco campers have a remote for the jacks, slide outs, and awning.
4. Are there any major disadvantages to the screw jack slide outs vs. Hydraulic?
5. There are two little round lights (orange) on the nose of the camper that don't work. They don't look like they are just reflectors, or am I wrong?
6. Are there any other must knows on this camper?

Thanks

PS: First time owner of a camper!!!!

Switch should turn on the lights with or without being hooked to the truck. Sundance I have owned do not have a battery disconnect, but I have added to both of mine with no problems. Some Wal-Mart's have the switch in their camping section. To be real honest, I prefer the electric screw Jack's on the slides.

Jim Posz

I checked on my unit and the switch operates the lights off of 12 volts. The previous owner may have unplugged the power from the switch accidentally or intentionally. I'm camping in mine now and have inadvertently turned on these lights a couple of times in the last couple of days while setting up.