just ordered my first Landmark - the LM365 Newport! a couple of questions...

owheaton

I've been following and watching the Landmark product for a couple of years and just pulled the trigger, traded my 2007 motorhome and ordered a brand new Newport. The worst part is that i have to wait for a few weeks before i get my hands on it!! I'm so excited and cant wait to get it set up. i do have a couple of questions for anyone who may be able to respond. i had initially looked at a 2014 model that had both an exterior TV and stereo/speakers however i noticed that on the 2015 newport, there doesn't appear to be an outside stereo or speakers(just the TV). Anyone know why the outside sound system would have been dropped in the new model? i t seems to me that this would have been a great addition and I'm hoping that maybe i missed something . Does anyone on here know?

The other question i have relates to the TV and stand in the living room. While i ended up ordering a brand new unit, two of the LM365 Newports that i viewed at the dealership had a very badly bent metal stand that holds the TV in place. on the lower right hand side, the frame was bent to the point where it had pulled the bottom screws out of the wall and the actual cabinet was scratched badly where the TV/stand had hit it. Im trying to figure out how this may have happened to avoid doing ti myself to my new unit. It just seemed like a poor design on the frame or something. Anyone else notice this or have this issue?

Look forward to my first Heartland and to answering any questions once i get my new toy!

Owen

danemayer

Hi owheaton,

Congratulations on your Landmark order and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's a great bunch of helpful people here and even though the LM365 Newport is pretty new, hopefully someone will have some answers for you.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I've been following and watching the Landmark product for a couple of years and just pulled the trigger, traded my 2007 motorhome and ordered a brand new Newport. The worst part is that i have to wait for a few weeks before i get my hands on it!! I'm so excited and cant wait to get it set up. i do have a couple of questions for anyone who may be able to respond. i had initially looked at a 2014 model that had both an exterior TV and stereo/speakers however i noticed that on the 2015 newport, there doesn't appear to be an outside stereo or speakers(just the TV). Anyone know why the outside sound system would have been dropped in the new model? i t seems to me that this would have been a great addition and I'm hoping that maybe i missed something . Does anyone on here know?

The other question i have relates to the TV and stand in the living room. While i ended up ordering a brand new unit, two of the LM365 Newports that i viewed at the dealership had a very badly bent metal stand that holds the TV in place. on the lower right hand side, the frame was bent to the point where it had pulled the bottom screws out of the wall and the actual cabinet was scratched badly where the TV/stand had hit it. Im trying to figure out how this may have happened to avoid doing ti myself to my new unit. It just seemed like a poor design on the frame or something. Anyone else notice this or have this issue?

Look forward to my first Heartland and to answering any questions once i get my new toy!

Owen

Without seeing pictures, it sounds like someone tried to pull the TVs out without pulling down the release mechanism in the cabinet on the lower left side of the TV.