Kitchen Sink

Todd RN

I have a 2008 Big Country. I have owned for 3 years and everything was great. Recently when running water in the kitchen sink, kitchen is in the rear of the camper, it smells bad. Does not smell under the sink. I have replace the AAV multiple times. Used a bottle of RV Digest-IT, baking soda and vinegar without success. Also tried the baggie trick over the AAV. My question is, is there a vent on the grey tank for the kitchen sink or is it just the AAV? If there is where is it? I only see two vents on the roof right above the bathroom. I assume those are for the black tank and the grey bathroom tank. Any help would be great.

hoefler

Try sanitizing your fresh water system. Since it only smells when running the water, you may have a bacteria growing in that section of water line.

Todd RN

Try sanitizing your fresh water system. Since it only smells when running the water, you may have a bacteria growing in that section of water line.
Not using the fresh water system. Connected to a well. Have another RV on same well with no issues.

NYSUPstater

Still may have bacteria in it. How big is your freshwater tank? Gonna stink and use a lot of water, but I agree w/ hoefler you may need to do this.

david-steph2018

I have a 2008 Big Country. I have owned for 3 years and everything was great. Recently when running water in the kitchen sink, kitchen is in the rear of the camper, it smells bad. Does not smell under the sink. I have replace the AAV multiple times. Used a bottle of RV Digest-IT, baking soda and vinegar without success. Also tried the baggie trick over the AAV. My question is, is there a vent on the grey tank for the kitchen sink or is it just the AAV? If there is where is it? I only see two vents on the roof right above the bathroom. I assume those are for the black tank and the grey bathroom tank. Any help would be great.
I would think there is a vent on the roof. But, if there are 2 tanks close together, the vents may be tied to each other, and then exit in one vent.