La Mesa rv, Port St. Lucie, FL

NHCelt

We took delivery of our 3270RS in mid March, and immediately had a front ac freeze/leak issue. Essentially, the ac would not run without a freeze related leak and/or seize up.

The selling dealer and two mobile techs were unable to diagnose and repair. After leaving the FL Keys we scheduled an appointment at La Mesa RV in Port St. Lucie, FL.. After troubleshooting, they diagnosed the problem as an air mixing problem caused by air infiltration/mixing at the Styrofoam end of run blocks in the duct-work. They sealed the ducts and voila...problem solved.

Kudos to La Mesa. They were professional, helpful and above all solved the problem when others couldn't!

Should you have similar issues...check the end of runs in your duct-work and seal them off with metallic duct tape or similar.

Now just have to get the slide out drift resolved. Not enough time to have La Mesa do the diagnosis, but they did suggest slide lock bars as an option to get home...good idea!

Celt

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Now just have to get the slide out drift resolved. Not enough time to have La Mesa do the diagnosis, but they did suggest slide lock bars as an option to get home...good idea!

Celt
If when you say slide out drift you are meaning that they do not stay in position when closed I may have a less expensive option.
I used some ratchet straps under the slide. Find a suitable area and strap the slide to the frame. Cut off the excess strap.
I still carry those straps just in case.

Peace
Dave

NHCelt

Thanks Dave... I thought about that or making my own from doweling... But laziness got the best of me and Amazon got the order. Figure I will continue to use them even after my issue is resolved... Assuming it ever is.
😁

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
You may have a valve not sealing properly and letting pressure bleed off. Is it all the slides or just one? Do you have the slide block system in the front compartment to shut off each slide? If you do, when you run the slides in...shut the offending slide valve and see what happens. You could also have a slide ram leaking internally.