Landing gear

Went to extend my landing gear, pushed the switch and nothing but a click .has anyone experienced this? Also kitchen slide will not work same problem push the switch and nothing but a click. Batteries good, hydraulic fluid good

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
What unit do you have?
Since both the slides and landing gear are having the same fault you may have a weak 50 amp auto reset breaker.
Does this happen when plugged in to shore power and battery power?

Peace
Dave

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
For about ten bucks I would start by replacing the auto reset breaker. Follow the heavy red wire from the hydraulic pump to the bank of 12 volt breakers to locate the correct breaker.
You might also want to check that all neutral (white) wires at the battery and buss bar are correctly tightened.

Peace
Dave

sengli

Once you located the row of those small 50 amp breakers, you should replace the one that runs your hydraulic pump with a 80 amp. This isnt something new, there are tons of threads on here about this same issue. I have experienced it on every one the four heartland fivers I have owned. You end up wiring a new circuit to the pump motor directly from the batteries. And wa la...no more issues. To date my larger breaker has never needed reset.

Attachments

• IMG_1330.JPG
    IMG_1330.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 6
Last edited:

wdk450

From my electronics experience a relay going "click" but no circuit action would either suggest current supply problems (reset breaker, poor wiring connections, or the like) OR a high current relay with burnt out switching contacts.

The relay on my slideout-only hydraulic pump looks like this:

On Edit: I KNEW I had seen these relays on E-Bay before for a VERY LOW PRICE. I did some more searching on E-Bay and found this:

Last edited:
Bad reset breaker replaced now fixed, still have problem with one of my living room slides. No power to it , no lights, can't open all others work