Landmark VS DRV Aire

DirtyMax88

Anyone take notice that the DRV Aire line looks alot like the Landmarks? The front cap is exactly the same now? I know Heartland purchased DRV a while back. Is this a prelude to perhaps phasing out the LM's and having the DRV Aire as the top dog in the Heartland stable of Luxury 5th wheels? Just curious what y'alls thoughts are...

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
It looks to be their answer to be able to own a DRV and keep your srw pickup. Still too heavy imo for a srw but that's just me.

carl.swoyer

It looks to be their answer to be able to own a DRV and keep your srw pickup. Still too heavy imo for a srw but that's just me.
I agree. Too heavy ! My 2012 Landmark Rushmore fifth wheel has a dry weight of 12700. I had to add a leaf spring and now I'm considering Air bags. I'm thinking no way would I want a new model because I'm sure I'll need a new truck to handle it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

porthole

Retired
Mobile 'Aire' seems to be a bit of a misnomer. Most of the models come in dry at 15,000, which is 1000-2000 under the Suites.

The Aire models are also built on a 101" frame, so that adds a bit of weight.

I wonder how long before the Landmark moves over to the Cyclone plant and starts with a 101" frame and joins the other conventional 5th wheels we saw at Goshen

Oldelevatorman

I agree. Too heavy ! My 2012 Landmark Rushmore fifth wheel has a dry weight of 12700. I had to add a leaf spring and now I'm considering Air bags. I'm thinking no way would I want a new model because I'm sure I'll need a new truck to handle it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

You mean had a dry weight don't you? I've stricken that term from my mind because it seems kind of useless imo! Others may feel different and that's ok!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk