Latest Mod to Edge - Power Panel Voltage Display

evolvingpowercat

Added a small blue voltage display to the un-vented center of the power panel below the door that opens to access the breakers and fuses...

Wanted to ensure that my power converter was not putting out too much voltage and boiling water from the batteries.

Also more accurate than the small number of lights on the monitor panel.

With converter on: 13.6 volts

With converter off and dry camping aproximate battery charge level:

The battery won't reflect charge level per below until several hours have passed after converter has been off.

12.7 V = 100 %
12.6 V = 90-100 %
12.5 V = 80-90 %
12.4 V = 70-80 %
12.3 V = 60-70 %
12.2 V = 45-60 % Best if you don't go below this point if you want to maximize the life of the deep cycle batteries
12.1 V = 30-45 %
12.0 V = 10-30 %
11.9 V = from totally discharged (0%) to 10%

Cut the rectangular hole with a dremel cutting wheel, the meter has built in retaining clips to secure it into the opening.

$T2eC16FHJFoE9nh6n!6FBRZOMnGLFg~~60_3.JPG
I measured this and it draws less 1/20 Amp so I did not put it on a switch it just runs whenever the battery cut off switch is not on.

Purchased on Ebay for $ 3.79 including shipping.

Item to search for on Ebay is:

DC 0-99.9V Digital Voltmeter Panel Meter LED Blue Battery Voltage Power Monitor

Photo1-2.jpg

ParkIt

Putting that on the "want" list. We don't have the same unit but it kind of bugs me that I don't have a monitor like that on our unit, had one on the RV but it held 4 deep cycle batteries with room for 2 more. We are hoping we can put two deep cycle batteries up front (lower storage) if I can get them wired in properly, it would allow for more use drydocked and a way to monitor the entire unit.

Excellent job :)

evolvingpowercat

I had taken one of the lower fuse positions and used it with a 5 amp fuse to run a line to a 12 volt fan I mounted on the wall by the door above the TV cabinet. I had run the fan lead thru the bottom of the panel where I had installed a resistor in series with the fan on the metal converter shield to make the fan run slower and quieter. So I had 12V and Ground right behind the meter I was able to connect to.

Otherwise, just splice a black and red wire to the volt meter leads and connect red to one of the spare fuses and black to the one of the ground points.