LBZ Duramax

JeremyN

Hello All,

I have found a 2007 GMC Sierra 2500HD classic body style with the LBZ Duramax in it. The truck is very clean outside, and has 155,000 miles on it.

I would like to go and look at this for my next tow vehicle. First off, I have heard that the LBZ is the most desirable Duramax out there. Is there any reason that I should not go look at this truck because of the miles?

Also, is there anything that you would recommend I look for while I look at this truck?

I have owned gas trucks my whole life, but have been wanting to find a diesel to pull my camper for a while. And I cannot afford to purchase a newer one for what they are asking around my area.

Thanks.

Jeremy

IMG_1452.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

212Pilot

Hello All,

I have found a 2007 GMC Sierra 2500HD classic body style with the LBZ Duramax in it. The truck is very clean outside, and has 155,000 miles on it.

I would like to go and look at this for my next tow vehicle. First off, I have heard that the LBZ is the most desirable Duramax out there. Is there any reason that I should not go look at this truck because of the miles?

Also, is there anything that you would recommend I look for while I look at this truck?

I have owned gas trucks my whole life, but have been wanting to find a diesel to pull my camper for a while. And I cannot afford to purchase a newer one for what they are asking around my area.

Thanks.

Jeremy

View attachment 56999

I wouldn't worry about the miles. I have an 03 with 287000 miles and it is still going strong. Of course pull a car facts for any damage and it should show dealer maintenance and repairs. At that mileage I would make sure the front wheel hubs have been replaced or expect to replace them. Get the Injector balance rate checked if the injectors have not been replaced. With a vehicle of that age and miles you will have more maintenance costs but if your expecting it you won't be surprised. Diesels are more expensive to maintain but well worth it when your hook up the trailer and hit the road.

jimbob195

Jeremy,
I have a company truck that is a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic. It is a crew cab with the Duramax/Allison combination with 287,000 miles. We had to replace the injectors at around 200,000 miles. According to our mechanic, this is the easiest Duramax to change injectors on. Other than normal maintenance items, I have had no other problems with the vehicle. I have air bags on the rear end, and it pulls my 2011 Landmark Grand Canyon like a dream. I get +-12 mpg if I'm not climbing mountain passes. (I know, I'm overloaded, but you pull with what you have!) lol
I would not be hesitant buying a Duramax with 155K on it. Most of our company pickups are Duramaxes. We have a '03 with nearly 500,000 on it, but it has been through a motor and a couple of transmissions......however, it has been driven by several different people, some of whom aren't really maintenance savvy. Just drive it till it breaks, then get it fixed :mad:.
Good luck on your purchase

brianlajoie

It's not the number of miles, but the kind of miles. Maintenance records add value to your purchase. I would try to figure out how the truck was used. I know someone who got a good deal on a truck, but it was a farm truck and he was replacing the rear end components as they failed because it was a farm truck that pulled heavy loads.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Hello All,

Thanks.

Jeremy

View attachment 56999

Sharp Truck!

DMaxRocks

As was mentioned, it isn't the number of miles, it is the type. I am the original owner of an '02 DMax with the rare ZF 6 speed, see my signature for the mods. The truck is nearing 400k miles and I used it two weeks ago to pull my SOB 5er, pulled like a dream. If I were you I would do my due diligence to research the history of the truck, if everything is thumbs up, I say good luck with your new purchase.

There are several good DMax websites that can help you if you have any issues.

Let me know if I can help in any way.

-Mark

BBslider001

An LBZ with 155k miles on it? I'd get it in a heartbeat. Since the OP hasn't checked back though, I am guessing he didn't go through with it.

JeremyN

An update on this truck..... After repeated calls and emails to the salesman, he never called me back. Then yesterday , emailed me to tell me the truck had been sold, and that if everything went through good, they will be taking the truck off the website by the end of the day. I tried to get in contact with the salesman again today, because the truck is still posted for sale. Either they didn’t take it off yet, or the deal feel through. Trying to get clarification on that now...

JeremyN

Any word on the truck? If it is sold, I'd look for another if you want a Dmax.

Yes, after much confusion and talking with a couple different people, the truck was sold to another customer. Long story, but very frustrating to say the least.