Leak from 'bathroom' sink to under storage

imritch

I have had a leak for the past two month from my 'bathroom/bedroom' sink to the under storage just beneath. When running water or releasing water from stopped sink, water runs straight through. PVC and hoses seem intact. Repair guy has made two attempts to fix but problem not resolved. Have been searching online for a schematic of plumbing layout to help troubleshoot, but have been unsuccessful. Also seached TOOLS here for complete Owners User Manual. Does not exist for 2009 Heartland Big Country. Any suggestions where to find schematic or manual. .. or any similar problem resolved???

danemayer

Hi imritch,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

Heartland doesn't write owners manuals with the specific type of information you want. You can download the current manual, which applies to a wide range of trailers, at the HeartlandRVs.com website.

For a drawing of the plumbing layout, I'd suggest you call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. They may be able to email you a drawing.

But assuming that the leak is not around the bottom of the sink or p-trap, but is lower down, it's likely either where the 1-1/2" drain pipe enters the gray tank below, or perhaps the gray tank has a leak.

If your rig has tank heating pads, and they were ON with empty tanks at some point, it's possible the heating pad could have burned a hole in the tank, allowing gray water to accumulate on top of the coroplast underbelly.

To investigate further, you'll probably have to take down the coroplast in the front, drop-frame section of the coach. You'll find it easier to do with an impact wrench, and someone to help you when it's time to put it back in place.

carl.swoyer

Do you see the source?
If it is the sink drain on my 2012 Landmark Rushmore the plumbing was crooked, not plumb. This caused tension on the union. I was able to " muscle" the pipes which allows me to properly tighten up the " p " trap

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Oregon_Camper

Perhaps it isn't the sink that is causing the issue??

I had a leak in May, and it turned out to be the filter on the water pump was loose (how it became loose is still a mystery). Simply tightening by hand resolved our issue.

Here is what to look for, coming off the water pump. I would also check all the water lines for possible leaks. The bummer about this is you will need to remove your basement wall to get access.

Capture.jpg

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
The leak I had was from inside the faucet itself. There was a segmented plastic tube in the spout that leaked inside the housing and back down the supply lines. It was a little tricky isolating the problem. Ended up replacing the faucet with an all metal residential one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk