leveling jacks control panel not working after installing new batteries on big horn 3160

scottknight1

just put new batteries in my 5th wheel and now all of a sudden the control panel is not responding as normal. see the video. any tips? suggestions besides I must replace the panel. I am selling the rig and have a buyer, but now have this dilemma. Thanks in advance. I can email you a video of what it is doing.

Last edited:

taskswap

I strongly recommend you edit your post and remove your email address. Scraper bots look for that sort of thing and will blast you with spam while probably nobody legit will actually use it.

If you've changed your batteries, do a voltage check at the control panel and also at the base unit (the control panel is usually not the "brain" - that's usually a black box somewhere tucked away in the basement or under a drawer in a kitchen cabinet). You may find that you have a blown fuse somewhere.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
There is a 5 amp fuse in the power line to the control panel located in the genny compartment of our 2017 Bighorn. I blew that fuse once tracing down an electrical short.
Drove me nuts trying to figure out why I had no power to the level up panel.
Front jacks worked but nothing else

Follow up…that aforementioned wire is attached to the buss bar. It may be on a breaker that has tripped. Look for a reset button on the buss bar breakers

Attachments

• IMG_0306.jpeg
    IMG_0306.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 7
Last edited: