Lippert Flex Air Packaging

BigGuy82

I'm curious to hear from those of you who have purchased a Lippert Flex Air Pin Box. Did it come in a crate? Was it supported inside that crate so that the device could be placed pin down and raised up to the frame in a level position (in other words, did the packaging keep the top of the pin box parallel to the ground)? Did the packaging help during the installation by stabilizing the part?

These might sound like dumb questions BUT ... I just received my "new" pin box - it was lying on it's side on a wooden pallet with a lot of the weight on the shock absorber bracket. Just doesn't seem right to me that an expensive item like that would be droped on an old skid and have a shipping label slapped on it. This is exactly how I received it (not saying where it came from, but it wasn't from some private party on eBay ...) -

IMG_1371.JPG

Last edited:

Jim_Hull

Mine was also from eTrailer and it was very well packaged. In a cardboard box with expanding foam packaging all around it and upright for installation.

BigGuy82

Mine was also from eTrailer and it was very well packaged. In a cardboard box with expanding foam packaging all around it and upright for installation.

Just curious - did you wind up bolting into the same holes as the original pin box or did you adjust based on measurements as described in the installaton sheet?

mlpeloquin

Mine came from etrailer right side up boxed up. The pin had broken the wood slat it sat on that caused the front to break through the cardboard. I am missing some black paint that got scraped off in transit.

BigGuy82

Mine came from etrailer right side up boxed up. The pin had broken the wood slat it sat on that caused the front to break through the cardboard. I am missing some black paint that got scraped off in transit.

Thanks for the info. Also, you have the same coach as I do - when you installed the new pin box, did you do the measurements outlined in the instructions or simply bolt to the same holes the original pinbox used, adjusting your hitch for proper height (as Jim_Hull did)?