Lippert hydraulic jacks keep tripping resettable breaker

Hi,
The 30 amp resettable breaker in the pic keeps tripping when we raise or lower the jacks or bring the slide outs in or out
After the breaker would trip I listened and the click is coming from the 30amp resettable breaker
Batteries are new, week old, and had them tested.
Replaced the 30 amp resettable breaker
Fluid change May of 2023
Checked all electric connections and found one cable to the pump motor need to be tightened.
Any thoughts?
Thanks

Attachments

• 20230627_131343.jpg
    20230627_131343.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 24
Last edited:

Dahillbilly

loose connection will cause higher amp draw for sure & those resettable breakers do get weaker with age & tripping. I'd replace it!!

I tightened up the loose connection and replaced the 30amp resettable breaker and still have the issue. Do you think that 30amp resettable breaker should be a 50amp resettable breaker?

sengli

This isnt a new issue at all. My big horn, and eventually my landmark both had this same issue after about a year. I bought a 80 amp breaker, and wired the circuit for the hydraulic pump separate from all others (even the ground wire). Never had a problem since. But yes, a drop in voltage whether its a flaky breaker, or loose connections will cause the current draw to hike up.

Attachments

• IMG_1330.JPG
    IMG_1330.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 25
Some more questions....
In the pic does that supply 12 volt on both sides?
So do I come off the battery to the 80amp breaker and then to the pump positive side?
Thanks

Attachments

• 20230627_131346.jpg
    20230627_131346.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 20

NYSUPstater

80amp breaker w/ it's own 4 or 6ga wire from battery to it, Then attach the hyd pump wires to either end of breaker. Problem solved.

sengli

Yes, I came straight off the battery to the pump. You can by pass all the other circuits up in the front of the rig completely.

Dahillbilly

Thanks for the info.
So in the pic does that supply 12 volt on each side?
one side connects to the battery with 12vdc at all times and should have a bus bar connecting them together. The other side of each will have separate wires with 12vdc going out to different functions. When one trips only 12vdc on the bus bar side & NO 12vdc going out.