Lippert leveling system "out of stroke" error

I have a 2023 Torque 371 with the Lippert leveling system that has controls outside and digital controls inside (3.0 maybe?). Anyway, I had the "out of stroke" error and shop fixed it, but it came back again. I think I may have screwed it up by lifting the front as high as I could to drain water from coroplast underbelly (had toilet leak and washed after fixing leak). So I pushed reset button but that didn't work. What it does is during the leveling cycle the right rear jack won't reach ground. Put blocks under with same results, the right rear being about 1/4 inch from touching blocks. Any idea how to do some kind of master reset or something? I remember reading something (I apparently forgot to bookmark) that said something about pushing up10 times then down 10 times or something like that. Help, Cecil, HELP! Thanks...

Attachments

• lippert1.JPG
    lippert1.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 5
  • lippert2.JPG
    lippert2.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 5

Dahillbilly

I have a 2023 Torque 371 with the Lippert leveling system that has controls outside and digital controls inside (3.0 maybe?). Anyway, I had the "out of stroke" error and shop fixed it, but it came back again. I think I may have screwed it up by lifting the front as high as I could to drain water from coroplast underbelly (had toilet leak and washed after fixing leak). So I pushed reset button but that didn't work. What it does is during the leveling cycle the right rear jack won't reach ground. Put blocks under with same results, the right rear being about 1/4 inch from touching blocks. Any idea how to do some kind of master reset or something? I remember reading something (I apparently forgot to bookmark) that said something about pushing up10 times then down 10 times or something like that. Help, Cecil, HELP! Thanks...
go to the Lippert Communities app all the info is there for that plus tons more of info

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Can you level the rig using the manual mode?
If so, get the rig leveled to suit you then do the procedure to reset the level point

Lots of YouTube videos to help you

Manually retract all jacks, this should reset the system to zero.
Tried that but it didn't work. No matter how many blocks I put under the legs, the drivers side rear always goes out of stroke, even when extended about 2 inches. Going for manually leveling it then reset zero. IF I can figure out how to do it.

taskswap

SOP for this:
1. Hook back up to your tow vehicle.
2. Fully retract all jacks.
3. If the out-of-stroke leg was in the rear, raise the front landing gear (adjust the manual half of it such that the landing gear legs are more retracted). If the out-of-stroke leg was in the front/middle, extend them more.
4. Disconnect and repeat the leveling process.
5. Put Yet More Blocks under the out of stroke leg. You know you have too many blocks when you can't fit any more and you haven't even started the process.

If none of that works, your site isn't level enough for a fifth wheel. Try repositioning.

If you're worried about an equipment problem, do the above in a Walmart parking lot.

I'm actually at home and have had no problem leveling it until this time. So can you just fully retract all legs with the fronts on the ground? Why doe it have to be hooked up to tow vehicle?

So after a live chat with Lippert I got written instructions for resetting zero point. Also had some videos and this is the one I followed. And now I'm good to good. And do NOT run your front jacks til they stop if at all possible. I've done that twice and both times it screwed things up! Here is the video if anyone is interested...