Living Rm Slide Awning

labbysmom

Latest update. I recieved a drawing from Heartland that shows the size of awning that is installed on my unit. When I took the drawing home and got my tape measure out reality didn't confirm the drawing. Next step was to try to center the awning. Unsuccessfull! The anti bilow bar must be postioned to clear the top flange. I could only move the awning about 1/2". Still leaving the rear roof exposed. I then measured everything to see if clearances were ok for a 162". One issue according to the drawing was the main awning struts too close to the front end of the slide. One of those "didn't translate to reality". Plenty of clearance and in fact the fabric channel on the side is 162". Then I measured from the ends of the fabric channel to end of the brackets. This is another issue the drawing showed. From the end of the fabric channel to inside edge of the bracket is about 15". That means the mounting rod will be mostly inserted into the bracket. You don't need to use the existing secureing holes. Just drill another. An in fact an approved video on the internet shows just that. Sorry, after countless emails to Heartland warranty I can only draw one of two possible conclusions. The drawing is wrong and the factory has never seen the error, or Heartland is saving money on the smaller awnings.