LM Newport pin weight

Oldelevatorman

We are looking at a new Newport to purchase and start fulltiming. Can any of you Newport owners tell me what your loaded pin weight is and how much weight your carrying? Thanks, Jim

jimtoo

Hi Jim,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure you will get some more info soon, but the average weight is 20-22% the gross weight which is 16K I think. I'm sure you will be looking at 3200 --3500 pin weight.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

MCTalley

Newports have a GVWR of 18,000, so 20-22% would be 3600-3900 lb. To be honest, if you're going to load it up to near its maximum weight, it'll probably be over 4,000 lb. on the pin. We had a Big Country 3950FB, which is the same floorplan. It had a gross of 16,000 and we were running very close to 4,000 lb. on the pin when we had it loaded to 16k.

We full-time and you'd be surprised how quickly you can pack 3,000 lb. of stuff in a fifth wheel.

rxbristol

Newports have a GVWR of 18,000, so 20-22% would be 3600-3900 lb. To be honest, if you're going to load it up to near its maximum weight, it'll probably be over 4,000 lb. on the pin. We had a Big Country 3950FB, which is the same floorplan. It had a gross of 16,000 and we were running very close to 4,000 lb. on the pin when we had it loaded to 16k.

We full-time and you'd be surprised how quickly you can pack 3,000 lb. of stuff in a fifth wheel.

I second everything they said.

Oldelevatorman

Thanks for the replies, I figured around 4,000#. We have 1000 in our trailer now. Figure more tools, small compressor, floor jack, screen room, clothes, food and all the wife's craft stuff, sewing machine. Yeah, that will add up. Glad I got the dually with the big payload.