looking to buy a 2008 Big Horn 3400rl.

We are looking at a 2008 3400rl. I have read there are about complaints with spring and axle issues, slide out floors getting wet and rotting. This one has Moreryde axles. Any info would be appreciated

Thanks, Al

danemayer

Hi Schmidtlap,

I think there was a production change to protect the edges of the slide out floors from water intrusion. If the unit you're looking at doesn't have any damage, all you need is to make sure the edge is protected with a strip of metal or plastic. If it does have damage, a good repair is essential.

I don't know if it was on 2008s, but I think there were some Lippert suspensions that had problems. If this unit has MorRyde, you're probably ok.

Check the condition of the tires and make sure they're not more than 4 years old and have no unusual wear.

noobee

We are looking at a 2008 3400rl. I have read there are about complaints with spring and axle issues, slide out floors getting wet and rotting. This one has Moreryde axles. Any info would be appreciated

Thanks, Al

I have one for sale... I replaced the undercarriage components with Standen manufactured components. See my kijiji ad # 5873319410 for more info.
Also, there is a post on this site or PM me & I'll send more info.

Last edited:

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I have owned a 2008 3400RL. Loved it.
They came with Lippert axles so the one you are looking at must have had them changed out.
As Dan said, if the slide floors under the side windows are not rotted you should be good.
I did make a modification to mine to protect the floors.
HERE IS A LINK to the mod I did. It may help in what to look for. See post #10 there.

Peace
Dave

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
As far as I know, the springs were the issue. Look at the springs and see if they look flat. If you are handy, you could replace them yourself....just dont jack up the coach using the axles. The spring shackles, if original, should be replaced and install the wet bolts and that have heavier shackles.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
HERE is a link to Noobee's for sale thread.
There are several 3400RL's in the For Sale Forum.

Peace
Dave