Looking to purchase 2012 CYCLONE 3010 HD Edition

Leclerc457

Greetings all,

Looking at buying a 2012 Cyclone 3010 HD edition. Main question is what is the big difference between the normal and HD editions other than graphics.

We have a F350 short box and Heartland claims you can make tighter turns with their campers even with a short box - have you all found this to be the case? Any need for a slider hitch?

Thank you and I am sure more questions will come to mind.

Dan Leclerc

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

danemayer

Hi Leclerc457,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's lots of information here along with a great bunch of friendly and helpful owners.

I'm sure someone will fill you in on the HD edition shortly. And you'll likely also get some comments about towing with a short box F350.

hboy1

Now sure on the HD.

I have a short bed (6.5' bed) and have plenty of clearance. I use the Andersen Ultimate hitch and can go 90 degrees. I have read several posts on this subject. What I have read is most guys with sliders never have to use them.

Eaglehead

The HD package includes as follows: High gloss Platinum Sidewall, Vessel Bowl sink in bathroom and HD Edition graphics. HD stands for Heartland Design not Harley Davidson. :)

avvidclif

HD stands for Heartland Design not Harley Davidson. :)

One definition, I carry a Harley so mine stands for Harley Davidson. :D

I don't have the 3010, mine is 3418 same front?, but I don't have a slider in a short box and don't need it.

Lynn1130

Other that exterior graphics and a few interior upgrades such as bath sink bowl and some fancy HD markings on the interior sofa etc. there is no difference from non HD.

You will find a number of threads here, with a search for Heartland's 88 degree turn ability and there are numerous threads on slider or no slider but with all that said, I have a 3010 HD and no slider and have never needed one, even while parking in a 90 degree covered parking stall or getting in to some tight RV camping slots.

I failed to mention that my truck is a shortbed.