Maiden Voyage for CY3418

avvidclif

We left Fri morn for Rusk State Park to ride the train. The trailer pulled well but I knew it was there. Our previous 5er weighed 11k loaded and this one was 12.8k shipping. I guessed we were at 13.5-14k. I wanted to stop at a scale but there was none on the route. We're going out again in 2 weeks and with a slight detour I can hit a scale.

On the trailer:

We got to play with everything but the A/C.
I'm liking the auto level.
A guy backed into the next power pedestal and we were without electricity from Fri to Sat sometime. I was glad I stopped along the way and filled the gas tank. (mainly to see what it held). We put abt 14.5 hrs on it and burned 8gal of gas. Fireplace and Electric HWH were on all the time.
When he repaired it he also cut off the water early Sat morn, so Fri we filled the fresh tank and used it til Sat aft. It was so easy to fill the tank and switch over, very nice.
All of the appliances worked and we played with the "patio" feature.
All the awnings were in and out and their lights tried, very bright.

Just as with anything there were a few problems.
When they sealed the TV antenna on the top they also put sealer on the part that rotates. We had to break it loose and will have to go back up with an Xacto knife and do some more trimming to make it work right.

While playing with the "3 Season Doors" I found a gap at the top of one of the clear panels where it was velcroed to the door frame. When I tried to fix it I found the clear plastic panel was cut about an inch short top to bottom. I'll have to measure all of them and get the dealer to order longer replacements.

The water pump, when a faucet was opened, didn't continue to run like I am familiar with. It cycled and was irritating as the water pressure dropped and then went back up when it kicked back on. Especially noticeable in the shower.

The outer door for the Vent-A-Hood. I still haven't figured out how to release it. No little arms to move out of the way??? Two tabs along the bottom edge that I couldn't get to move??

No major or minor problems, just a few irritations. All easily correctable.

Overall very pleased.

ILH

Too bad about the power being out - but a great way to test your rig!

TX_Clay

I don't know what the secret is to getting the vent-a-hood door open easily. I finally pushed up on both tabs and it released, as well as my hands into the cover. OUCH!. Have not tried to latch it back since. Hopefully, you on't have any battle scars from it as I have. LOL.

oscar

Glad you had a good time and are relatively laid back about the little squawks.

That said, I see a trend of these issues being VERY poor workmanship........ Over tightening, undercutting, missing the target with the goop gun.....

avvidclif

Too bad about the power being out - but a great way to test your rig!

Hey, I looked at it as a golden opportunity to break in the generator under a light load. It was 17 hrs on the genny and the rest on AC so everything got a little workout.