Mislabeled grey/black holding tanks on Road Warrior

klbackes

Have 415 Road Warrior (2013). Has black and gray tank valves front of unit and another valve labeled grey towards rear. After emptying both front tanks via their respective valves , a few days later the back toilet started to backup as kitchen sink drained. Therefore, seems the back 'grey' tank is connect to kitchen sink (grey water) and to back toilet (black water). Is this a screw up by factory plumbers or what?

danemayer

Hi klbackes,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

I've attached an RVIA diagram showing a common plumbing setup for RVs. As you can see, it's not unusual to combine the sink and commode, but the tank is then considered a black tank. Sounds like the factory put the wrong label on that valve handle.

Attachments

• rvia plumbing diagram.jpg
    rvia plumbing diagram.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 58

AAdams

Welcome to the Heartland Forum. We have a RW390. Our tanks are from front to back Gray #1 shower, Waste, Gray#2 kitchen/bathroom sink, rear Gray#3 W/D. Heartland had them labeled Waste, gray 1, gray 2. I just ran water and tested to find out what went where. Hope this helps.
Alan

GMCaddic

Hi kbackes

I have a 2015 Torque when we had our walk through our dealer ship told me do not trust the labels they put on these because they may not be right and sure enough they were right
1 was marked waste 2 was gray 1 3 was gray 2 Mine is actually 1= gray 1 / / 2= waste // 3= gray 2.