Missouri Road Trip

JanAndBill

Left out on Friday for a big circle up through Missouri. Stopped off at Corinth RV Park in Corinth, MS. It was a no frills park, but clean and easy to get into. For $15 per night hookup it was great. Currently in Cape Girardeau, MO visiting family for a few days. Trying a out a new park http://www.thelandingpoint.com/newdirections.html it's a little off the main drag, but so far we really like it. Large sites easy to get in. Suprisingly cold here for this time of year, had to turn on the furnace last night. Today spending Mothers Day with my DW's family. Sometime around the middle of this week we'll drift up to Jefferson City, MO. Our first grand child graduates from high school this coming weekend. The following week we'll wind our way back home, probably down through IL, KY, and TN.

scottyb

My next trip is about an hour north of Springfield to Wheatland. I go there 2 times each year. I have Springfield on my TWC app on my phone and noticed that it snowed there last week. Strange weather.

dfk009

Spent a many of year in Cape Girardeau, and Jackson (62 years). Spent 31 years working for the Ford dealer that is across the creek, and next to the new water slide. Cape is also the home of the MO. HOC leader. Wife left the cardiology group in Cape, to join the group in Carbondale, IL. We live right off I-57 about 30 miles south of Mt. Vernon. Glad a fresh tank of fuel straighten your problems out. When I'm back in Cape, still get my diesel at the Mobil station on the left about 3 miles in on the 4 lane where you are staying. Enjoy your stay!

olcoon

Lived in MO all my life (KC area), if you want some tips on things to do places to go & see, let me know.

Kbvols

Thread reminds me of old times. Grew up in Perryville north of Cape. Went to college at SEMO. Spent many many summers at Crab Orchard lake outside of Carbondale. Family still lives in P'ville. Hope you enjoy your time.

Zoomzoommo

My next trip is about an hour north of Springfield to Wheatland. I go there 2 times each year. I have Springfield on my TWC app on my phone and noticed that it snowed there last week. Strange weather.

Yes, we had May snow last week in SW Missouri :(. But 80's this week :).