Model numbers?

herefishy

Does anybody know what the significance of the model numbers is? Our 3055 is not 30.55 feet long, nor does it have 305.5 square feet, what could it mean?

Gaffer

Thirty foot + 5.5" Good as answer as anything. I think the real reason is so so that when a novice goes into a trailer they think by this is reall big for a 30 foot trailer. If one manufacturer does it they all have to to keep up. IMHO.

jnbhobe

Does anybody know what the significance of the model numbers is? Our 3055 is not 30.55 feet long, nor does it have 305.5 square feet, what could it mean?
I'm not sure but there was some discussion on this a couple of years ago. I think they came to the concullison it was the inside length from the closet back but I'm not sure, maybe someone will figure it out this time.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I'm not sure but there was some discussion on this a couple of years ago. I think they came to the concullison it was the inside length from the closet back but I'm not sure, maybe someone will figure it out this time.

Jon, Does that mean mine is 277 miles long? :rolleyes:

jnbhobe

not quite 276.5 ft will do !! Whats your model # Gus?? AH!!! now I got it.

Last edited:

caissiel

I have read somewhere that the number like 3505 stands for the first 2 number meaning it takes the same room on a campground lot as a 35 ft TT trailer.

Since a 35ft TT trailer is measured from the ball to the rear bumper then the 35 on a 5th wheel is the measurement from the ball of the truck to the rear of the trailer. So my 3500RL is actualy around 39ft to the pin. but if I measure from the ball of my truck to the rear it will be close to 35ft

Also meaning that the front of my truck to the rear of the trailer is the same lenght as if I was hooked on a 35ft TT trailer.

I checked this with my neighbour's 34ft trailer and he concluded he needs a 5th wheel because his has 30 ft of living space and mine has 38' 8" living space, for the same manuvering lenght.

When I register at campgrounds I alway call the lenght of my trailer as a 35ft trailer. they don't come out and measure it anyway.

Vtxkid

I have a 3010 Cyclone. My understanding is that the "10" stands for the garage size as 10' long... Don't understand the "30" part of it myself... Would be nice to understand Heartlands logic on that to.