MORryde Step Installation

rxbristol

Our MORryde steps arrived this week and I installed them today. The company sent me an installation video--see below. It usually takes me four times as long to do a job than what I initially estimate. I had already unpacked the step two days before waiting for when I could to take my time for the installation. My wife, unknowingly to me, timed me--it took seven minutes to install and do a minor adjustment to the frame latches. It takes almost five feet to deploy the steps (20 inches longer than the slideout), very similar to the four step Glowstep by Torklift. I tried the Glowstep the other day and I, personally, like the MORyde more for its increased stability, easy setup and storage. It's light weight and my wife said that even with her arthritis she can easily manage the setup and storage. I noticed the steps are made so the MORryde handrail can be installed on them, but I'm going to install the long Stromberg handrail like Dave Tyler has in his RV. It rained today so I decided to store the steps to see how much moisture would drain into the RV--I counted ten drops. When it's raining and the two dogs and us are in and out we lay a towel by the door to gather the water and dirt--believe me the steps have MUCH less water and dirt than our 12 feet. I agree, the steps are not useful if you pull up to a steep drop off such as a curb with sloping ground. If I did that I would have to use my larger landing gear blocks for a platform.

Deployed.jpg Deployed 3.jpg Deployed 2.jpg Hooked.jpg Latch.jpg Distance.jpg

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Rex, they look good! I really like that they seem easy to install. I hope they work well for you! Hope to see them at the NTX rally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dlw930

With our OEM steps, after leveling, the distance from the bottom step to the ground varies 3-4" depending on the site. Do the MORyde steps have sufficient range of movement or adjustment to compensate for this variation?

Kruck

Thank you for writing such a thorough review. Hubby and I have been considering these ever since we saw them on his brother's new rig. You've pretty much answered every question we had! I'm pretty sure once I get him to read your review, we'll be ordering a set for our 2011 Big Horn!!!

Our MORryde steps arrived this week and I installed them today. The company sent me an installation video--see below. It usually takes me four times as long to do a job than what I initially estimate. I had already unpacked the step two days before waiting for when I could to take my time for the installation. My wife, unknowingly to me, timed me--it took seven minutes to install and do a minor adjustment to the frame latches. It takes almost five feet to deploy the steps (20 inches longer than the slideout), very similar to the four step Glowstep by Torklift. I tried the Glowstep the other day and I, personally, like the MORyde more for its increased stability, easy setup and storage. It's light weight and my wife said that even with her arthritis she can easily manage the setup and storage. I noticed the steps are made so the MORryde handrail can be installed on them, but I'm going to install the long Stromberg handrail like Dave Tyler has in his RV. It rained today so I decided to store the steps to see how much moisture would drain into the RV--I counted ten drops. When it's raining and the two dogs and us are in and out we lay a towel by the door to gather the water and dirt--believe me the steps have MUCH less water and dirt than our 12 feet. I agree, the steps are not useful if you pull up to a steep drop off such as a curb with sloping ground. If I did that I would have to use my larger landing gear blocks for a platform.

View attachment 47204 View attachment 47205 View attachment 47206 View attachment 47207 View attachment 47208 View attachment 47209

rxbristol

Thank you for writing such a thorough review. Hubby and I have been considering these ever since we saw them on his brother's new rig. You've pretty much answered every question we had! I'm pretty sure once I get him to read your review, we'll be ordering a set for our 2011 Big Horn!!!

I read your post to my wife and she said, "You won't regret installing them." We REALLY love them for their stability, looks, and easy deployment.

Garypowell

Rex,

now that hat you have used them for a while has there been any problem not having enough space to deploy them?

it would seem at some rest stops between two trucks it might be hard to swing the arc to open them up.

I am also concerned about unlevel site.....ever any difficulty.

Thanks!

rxbristol

Rex,

now that hat you have used them for a while has there been any problem not having enough space to deploy them?

it would seem at some rest stops between two trucks it might be hard to swing the arc to open them up.

I am also concerned about unlevel site.....ever any difficulty.

Thanks!

Garry, there have been no problems with un-level RV sites (bottom adjusts) or at truck stops. We've parked between semi-trucks at rest stops, McDonalds, and fuel stops with no problems. I did have an issue at a roadside park when I parked right next to the curb. The steps deployed and we could get into the RV, but the because there was such a large rise the step hinge did not lay flat which prevented the door from closing. I could have adjusted the bottom of the steps, but did not bother because it was just a potty break.

Alan_B

Rex,

it would seem at some rest stops between two trucks it might be hard to swing the arc to open them up...

That was my concern also. We don't full time so we keep the unit in a storage yard much of the year. There may not be enough space between the units to deploy these steps.

sengli

We recently toured several SOB new units at a dealer that were equipped with these new morryde steps. I will admit they are very sturdy and had large steps, which make them a treat. I however went with the torklift, which are just as sturdy feeling, as they also have adjustable feet to contact the ground with as well... and they dont require that huge arch to deploy them.

Attachments

• stairs1.jpg
    stairs1.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 96

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I finally got to walk on a set of the MorRyde steps at the RV show. I agree, they are nice and wide and feel pretty sturdy. But one thing I noticed is that the angle of the steps is fixed and can change depending on how steep or shallow the angle of the ground away from the rig. The height is adjustable for the legs that touch the ground, but you still have the possibility of a larger or shorter last step to the ground than the other steps. Maybe this is just like the fixed suspended steps most rigs come with.

The difference with the Glowstep Revolution is that the step size between all steps becomes more equal, which for my knees is a very good thing.

rxbristol

The height is adjustable for the legs that touch the ground, but you still have the possibility of a larger or shorter last step to the ground than the other steps. Maybe this is just like the fixed suspended steps most rigs come with.

True.

mthompson

We ordered these stairs from Tweety's RV ($336.00 delivered), got them in 2 days, great service. It took my wife and I about 20 minutes to install them. WOW, are these stairs nice...solid as a rock (and I'm a BIG fellow) no movement at all. They are easy to lift up and down (my wife typically does it while I'm doing other things) and also easy to adjust the legs if needed. We both hated the bouncy feel of the original steps, and never felt safe or steady going up or down. Did I mention that these steps are ROCK SOLID. Without a doubt this is the best $336.00 we have spent on the RV. Like rxbristol said, I'd like to build or buy some sort of a box to use in the space that the old steps came out of, as full times we can use all the available space . As for the question about the arc if parked next to something that is close, it just hasn't been an issue for us, I typically don't park that close to anything, and it would have to be too darn close for it to be an issue. I would give these steps and Tweety's 5 stars.

Last edited: