MPG 181 storage bay light danger

I just wanted everyone to know to be careful when loading your storage bay area to not rub the light switch and turn it on in error. While cleaning out and making things easier to find I put some nice new microfiber cloths directly under the light in plastic. I must have pushed them in and the light went on. I day or so later I was cleaning the front bay and removed the rags and found the light was melted, rags were dark brown and almost ready to start a fire. Remember this light is directly under our bed. The Angeles were with us and all is safe. Purchased a new light with a switch on the side and I believe this will work better. I would love to have a kill switch for all bay lights in the trailer. Hope this helps someone in the future.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Had that happen several years ago. Melted the cover on our EZ-UP. I moved the lites to the ceiling of the basement....all is well now. It would not be hard to install a toggle switch inline with those lites. Just find the wires coming into the basement and install an inline switch in one of the wires. B+ or ground wire...it does not make a difference which one you use.

berky

That's the only place in the whole TT that I didn't put an LED lamp. Why? Well, gee, I hardly ever use it so why spend the money. Now I see there's an error in my logic.

Only can prevent forest fires. :eek: