MPG Breaker Location?

looking for 12 v mini circuit breaker location in mpg 185
,furnace wont start off shore power

Last edited by a moderator:

danemayer

Hi speedypete1,

I don't know the MPG layout, but the 12v mini circuit breakers are usually close to the battery.

If you mean that the furnace blower won't start when the trailer is disconnected from shore power, it could be the circuit breaker that sits in between the battery and power converter/fuse box. If so, all your interior lights would also be dark, as would be the frig.

If it's just the furnace that's not starting, it could also be a blown fuse in the fusebox, or a problem with the thermostat.

Btw, I deleted the 2nd thread you started on this subject.

the furnace works fine on shore power, so it doesn't seem like it would be a fuse.It also works fine when plugged into tow vehicle.Any other thoughts.I
s it possible it is not intended to be used unplugged?

the heater works fine on shore power,works fine when plugged into tow vehicle, just doesn't run when trailer is unplugged.A volt meter shows 12.4 volts at 12 volt terminal at fuse box. I also get that voltage at two wires that run into the heater.

jbeletti

the heater works fine on shore power,works fine when plugged into tow vehicle, just doesn't run when trailer is unplugged.A volt meter shows 12.4 volts at 12 volt terminal at fuse box. I also get that voltage at two wires that run into the heater.

Pete,

Consider removing your battery and taking it to an auto parts store to be load tested. Sounds like it may be going...

thanks for the input. I tried a different battery which i am pretty sure is good,but no change. I am starting to suspect improper wiring in the 12 v circuit.

danemayer

Pete,

Here's a link to our 12V Block Diagram and Diagnostic Guide. It may help you troubleshoot the problem further.

Your furnace should run from the battery when shore power is disconnected. So should your interior lights and the refrigerator.

If the lights and frig work when shore power is removed, but the furnace doesn't, that would indicate that the power from the battery is getting to the fuse box.

If the furnace blower doesn't start, but the lights are still on, you may have a low voltage condition under load. If you've already tried a 2nd battery, perhaps you have a loose connection.